Old 08-08-2002, 09:24 PM

I called my local parts store today to inquire about some front springs for my 81 Nascar. They listed two types for turbo T/A's. First is standard for turbo T/A and second is heavy duty turbo T/A. I would like to get what came stock. Is the heavy duty version a possible WS6 or is it just heavy duty?

Old 08-08-2002, 09:24 PM

I called my local parts store today to inquire about some front springs for my 81 Nascar. They listed two types for turbo T/A's. First is standard for turbo T/A and second is heavy duty turbo T/A. I would like to get what came stock. Is the heavy duty version a possible WS6 or is it just heavy duty?

Old 08-18-2002, 10:03 PM

Check the "suspension" topic on the PY bulletin boards- there is a ton of useful info on rebuilds. I just finished a complete front end rebuild on my 79 10th anniversary TA including all bushings, ball joints, tie rods, idler arm, springs, etc... Pain in the ass, but definitly worth it. As for the springs, I went with the HD springs (MOOG) due to the added weight of the 400 motor, A/C, HD radiator, etc. I was told this was correct for the WS6 cars. I cannot see any difference in ride height in the front end.

But, I have no idea on the correct springs for the 301 turbo cars (80-81) but I believe your motor is a tad lighter than the old Pontiac (400) and Olds (403).

Your best bet is to do a search of Nascar TA web sites-there is bound to be an expert out there who has the correct answer. Just my .02 cents worth....Good Luck.