Old 10-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wait a minute. Is the owner bej or brian jones? Same initials, do you have two user names? If so, I would pick one and stick with it.

I would throw out $10,000.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 10-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I was struggling on what to offer based on the description/pictures I was sent, in the event I was to see the car in person. I was kicking around $3500 as a starting point - it looked worse in the pics I have and I factored in the out of state owner and his inability (at the time) to produce a title.

I probably would have went up to $4500, so I'm hoping you paid at least that much...lol. It's probably worth more than that to others, but I already have enough projects to keep me busy for years/decades and wasn't really looking for another unless it was a killer deal.

BTW - can you post/PM the dealer info to me? I live in Olympia and am curious as to where it was sold at.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:25 PM

We have a guess of 10K From the Hit man!

Sorry about having two user names but the system won't log me in as Brian Jones from my home computer so I am bej when using that computer and Brian Jones when using the computer at work.

Brian

Old 10-11-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdk1976
I was struggling on what to offer based on the description/pictures I was sent, in the event I was to see the car in person. I was kicking around $3500 as a starting point - it looked worse in the pics I have and I factored in the out of state owner and his inability (at the time) to produce a title.

I probably would have went up to $4500, so I'm hoping you paid at least that much...lol. It's probably worth more than that to others, but I already have enough projects to keep me busy for years/decades and wasn't really looking for another unless it was a killer deal.

BTW - can you post/PM the dealer info to me? I live in Olympia and am curious as to where it was sold at.
The PHS report is in the mail, I'll let you know were it was sold when I get the report. And yes the owner did have to sign off at the DMV so they would send me a title in my name. Its coming in the mail as well.

So you think I paid $4500! Hmm.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian jones
So you think I paid $4500! Hmm.
That's just a number that I had in my head as to what I would offer based on the pictures and the PITA factor. As far as guessing what you bought it for, I'll say $6000.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Formerly GnXRanch

Is this like "The Price is Right"? Lowest without going over is the winner? Do we get to keep the car? Where are the models? I'll bid $1 Bob.

But seriously, nice find, congratulations. Is this your first full size Pontiac? If so, welcome to the Dark Side.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:08 PM

Congrats to you, Brian! That's a very worthwhile resto project. You'll come out ahead on that one. It looks pretty complete per your photos. BTW, my '65 2 + 2 Sport Coupe was delivered to Bud Meadows Pontiac in Portland, OR. I'm in Everett, WA. It's got the WG code 338 HP base 421 engine, 4-speed, and the 3.42:1 SAF-T-Trak rear end is "VG". Bluemist Slate paint with Blue Charcoal interior.

Old 10-14-2007, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensonDNL
Congrats to you, Brian! That's a very worthwhile resto project. You'll come out ahead on that one. It looks pretty complete per your photos. BTW, my '65 2 + 2 Sport Coupe was delivered to Bud Meadows Pontiac in Portland, OR. I'm in Everett, WA. It's got the WG code 338 HP base 421 engine, 4-speed, and the 3.42:1 SAF-T-Trak rear end is "VG". Bluemist Slate paint with Blue Charcoal interior.

I've been told that my car sold in the Olympia / Tacoma area. I got the PHS packet in the mail today. It has all the options spell out. It is not apparent as to were the car was sold . My report on my 64 GTO convertible said it was sold in Hollywood, CA right on it report. It's not that clean on this report for the 2+2.

Brian

Old 10-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

To find out where mine was sold I spent the extra money for the reproduction window sticker.
Patrick

Old 10-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The PHS came with my car. Can I just order the window sticker separate or do you think he will charge me for another one?

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 10-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

What is the dealer code? Zone code should be 25 if it was sold around here.

Check to see if it is listed on http://ultimategto.com/art18.htm.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
The PHS came with my car. Can I just order the window sticker separate or do you think he will charge me for another one?
Damon...I think you can order the laminated window sticker without going through the whole process again...but it is worth checking with them. Check out my post on the Rally IIs...I need some input from you on the trim rings. Thanks!

Old 10-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hitman
I believe you send 25 clams and the COPY of your build sheet
patrick