Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-01-2014, 09:47 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
I don't think Jeff ran the Warp 6 heads on his dragster, just the Billet HP Heads.

GTO George
Nope..it has warp 6.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Q View Post
If we only had some Gangsta Pontiac heads!! I wanna be Lil Jack when I grow up!! LOL

GPHTTF!!

Happy New Year dude.

TQ
How much were you drinking?

LOL

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 01-01-2014, 10:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

None. LOL. When I stay up past my bedtime I get loopy.

TQ

Old 01-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Gifford View Post
I realize that. But for Travis and Rodney's turbo deal, I wouldn't expect to see them use more than an inch lift- which I doubt would create valve collisions in the KRE hemi head. Let's see if Travis will chime in...
Jack,
They probably would want to run valve sizes around 2.4" intake and 2.0" exhaust which would cause valve to valve contact at a much lower lift.

If my memory is still working. In N/A engines with high acceleration lift cams back in the 70's the 426 needed the exhaust made smaller so that the valves did not hit. Chrysler did come out with the D5 which had shallower valve incline angles and also reduced the chamber by about 20 to 25 cc's but it was not a true sphere.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 01-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to STALLION
Default Scott, why not impressive. Read on!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
Like I said....what is so impressive? Aluminum block, and these great heads and its not as quick as 3 traditional headed cars..oh yeah..they all out weigh the dragster by 400+ lbs. Boy..that sure is impressive!
Why not impressive, because Jeff Kauffman thinks he knows more than anyone out there and does not like taking any advise or help with his engine and head programs or more important, get/take any business advise.

OK guys, be ready to have this thread deleted!!!!!

Chris and Mods, I am only telling the truth but I have learned telling the truth here gets the thread deleted and me banned. No disrespect to you Chris or Mods.

Scoot,Johnta1, GTOGEORGE and anyone else that wants to listen, listen I was there, I seen it with my own eyes.

The GOOD;
the compassionate, the Christian, Jeff Kauffman, if he likes you and you do exactly what HE wants, he will give you the shirt off his back, give you money, parts, bring you into his home, his family circle, and his racing family circle. He will do just about anything to help your racing program and just about anything to help you and your family.
That's the Jeff I try to remember, it's hard but I try!!!

The BAD;
the vindictive, the lier, the stubborn, the malicious, the despicable, the childish, the destructive, the non Christian, Jeff Kauffman; He will do all those things to you if you don't agree with him or if HE thinks/believes you are going him wrong.
Or kick you to the curb after he is finished using you!!!
To bad Jeff, with your upbringing you should be better than that.

So if you have a business owner that does not want good advise/help with his R&D, it will reach only a certain level and then stay there, that's way the 6.50s & 40s and breakage for what 5 years now.
If there are many people out there telling you to change your business practices and you don't and your business is still getting bad press(for what 6 or 7 years now), would you not THINK IT IS TIME TO CHANGE, not Jeff Kauffman.
Chris and Mods this is not Character Assignation, it is very unfortunate that the KRE name is only and will only self destruct because of Jeff Kauffman.
The best years of my racing was when I was under the KRE racing family.
That was because of Jeff and his family.

It is to bad that Jeff Kauffman's HORRIBLE qualities supersede his GREAT qualities!!!

Maurizio Campolucci
Stallionmototsports
sm1racing.com

Old 01-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tell us what really happened?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 01-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Boost Engineer

Everybody has Good and Bad Traits, Maurizio, EVERYBODY! Just Saying.

That being said, the KRE family and Bill Mellott has moved the Pontiac World FORWARD and deserve to be on Travis List.

Typically it is said that you are your own worse enemy. I know that is true for me.
I will not be the first one to throw the rock on this type of discussion.
Have a Happy New Year, Maurizio! Best wishes to you and your family.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Everybody has Good and Bad Traits, Maurizio, EVERYBODY! Just Saying.

That being said, the KRE family and Bill Mellott has moved the Pontiac World FORWARD and deserve to be on Travis List.

Typically it is said that you are your own worse enemy. I know that is true for me.
I will not be the first one to throw the rock on this type of discussion.
Have a Happy New Year, Maurizio! Best wishes to you and your family.

Tom Vaught
Hi Tom, you are 100% right about the good and bad in everyone and about KRE and Bill Mellott.
What nice people Bill and his wife are, tops on my list.
Not sure why anyone would ever think there is a bad in me!!!!!
Well besides my X, John, my X, maybe KRE, maybe, my X.
Already did that story John about 4 years ago. You can PM me and I will tell it to you again, it won't help you just like 4 years but PM me I will try.
Hey John did you read the GOOD things I said, I thought not

Thanks Tom, and same to you and your family.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALLION View Post
Why not impressive, because Jeff Kauffman thinks he knows more than anyone out there and does not like taking any advise or help with his engine and head programs or more important, get/take any business advise.
KRE has produced, actually manufactured more aftermarket, high performance components than any other Pontiac vendor. You could include Edelbrock in that group and most likely would have never come out with the D-Port head and Pro-Port head if it wasn't for KRE.

I can read between the lines and you feel you got a raw deal from KRE, but at one time you were considered the "golden child". Whatever reasons caused the divorce between you and KRE should not effect what the average Pontiac guy needs and purchases. I say support your Pontiac vendors whenever possible, that would include KRE, Butler, AP, DCI, Roland and the list goes on. This is not a slap at AP, but the Tiger head was developed years ago and has evolved into one of the highest HP heads made for a Pontiac, but it really hasn't seen a design change. The Tiger II shows great promise, but really requires a new casting to make it cost affordable. The Pontiac community is small, I don't see the likes of KRE, AP and other getting rich supporting the small hard code group.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 65nss4spdGTO For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Suspended

Default KRE

Ive been with KRE and have known (and RACED against) them (Jeff, Mark & their Dad) for a very long time and NEVER have had any problems with them. YES we have not agreed with somethings but thats is a GOOD thing. Jeff is one of the nicest people I've met and VERY easy to work with, in fact All of KRE are upstanding people……………..…are they perfect NO but then WHO is. There are a FEW people on the Board I would not TRUST or LISTEN to but they are not any of them. In fact this whole Rambling thread is SILLY…….this is the RACE section.

GTO George

The Following User Says Thank You to GTOGEORGE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to warriors revenge

maybe for 2014 PY can add a "drama section" and 99% of the posts here will be moved there

The Following User Says Thank You to warriors revenge For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Senior Chief

[QUOTE=65nss4spdGTO;5098140]KRE has produced, actually manufactured more aftermarket, high performance components than any other Pontiac vendor. You could include Edelbrock in that group and most likely would have never come out with the D-Port head and Pro-Port head if it wasn't for KRE.

I can read between the lines and you feel you got a raw deal from KRE, but at one time you were considered the "golden child". Whatever reasons caused the divorce between you and KRE should not effect what the average Pontiac guy needs and purchases. I say support your Pontiac vendors whenever possible, that would include KRE, Butler, AP, DCI, Roland and the list goes on. This is not a slap at AP, but the Tiger head was developed years ago and has evolved into one of the highest HP heads made for a Pontiac, but it really hasn't seen a design change. The Tiger II shows great promise, but really requires a new casting to make it cost affordable. The Pontiac community is small, I don't see the likes of KRE, AP and other getting rich supporting the small hard code group.

Calvin, you should have also quoted the second and third last line in that post. I was and still am great full for what KRE did for me. Read the Good I also said about him.
I am not the one continuously giving them bad press for not answering emails or phone calls or taking people to court,(bad business practice), not sell parts because of who you know or talk to, (also bad business practice), it is all self in flicked.
I honestly tried to help stop the court thing.
Well "golden child", no, that was just because of the colour of my hair, (gold looking)
"Golden child", after a $250,000.00 investment, yeah I spent a lot of gold!!!

Hey Calvin, do you run NHRA Comp Eliminator or is that someone with your same name?

You forgot to thank the guy that manufactured the first after market block, and Wensler, Visner.

Maurizio

Last edited by STALLION; 01-01-2014 at 03:14 PM. Reason: none
Old 01-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Ive been with KRE and have known (and RACED against) them (Jeff, Mark & their Dad) for a very long time and NEVER have had any problems with them. YES we have not agreed with somethings but thats is a GOOD thing. Jeff is one of the nicest people I've met and VERY easy to work with, in fact All of KRE are upstanding people……………..…are they perfect NO but then WHO is. There are a FEW people on the Board I would not TRUST or LISTEN to but they are not any of them. In fact this whole Rambling thread is SILLY…….this is the RACE section.

GTO George
George, is not all that good stuff you are saying about KRE the way it should be with any of the Pontiac Manufactures. (Good business practice).
Why is it that only they get called out, get bad press constantly. Not only 1 or 2 guys, but still consistently.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Suspended

I could careless about their business tactics. I was just pointng out the dragster is not impressive when its 4th on the list behind traditional style heads. I mean the old eheads are faster in a car that weighs around 2800lbs... does this mean the warp 6 can't make power... no, it means Jeff is a bumbling idiot when it comes to making power with the blown combo.. he has proved that for atleast 7 years now.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Suspended

Like I said earlier I didn't think Jeff ran the warps on his dragster. In 2013 he didn't have his dragster at Norwalk. In 2012 IF Jeff ran the warps it was only for for 1 or 2 passes BUT I don't think so.

GTO George

Old 01-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALLION View Post
Calvin, you should have also quoted the second and third last line in that post. I was and still am great full for what KRE did for me. Read the Good I also said about him.
I am not the one continuously giving them bad press for not answering emails or phone calls or taking people to court,(bad business practice), not sell parts because of who you know or talk to, (also bad business practice), it is all self in flicked.
I honestly tried to help stop the court thing.
Well "golden child", no, that was just because of the colour of my hair, (gold looking)
"Golden child", after a $250,000.00 investment, yeah I spent a lot of gold!!!

Hey Calvin, do you run NHRA Comp Eliminator or is that someone with your same name?

You forgot to thank the guy that manufactured the first after market block, and Wensler, Visner.

Maurizio
Maurizo,

No disrespect to you in my post. I also know many more people have contributed to the Pontiac aftermarket group, just can't list them all.

My point in bringing this up, the majority of my performance business is built around the traditional Pontiac design. I also feel I have a pretty good handle on what the real Pontiac market is and believe me, it's not the higher end horse power racers, it's the group that wants to relive the golden years of Pontiac muscle. It's really tough to build a business specializing in the Pontiac market. The Butlers have done the best job in providing a easy customer/vendor relationship with the products they sell. I feel KRE has done the best job of making new products, I'm not saying they are perfect. I've had a good working relationship with AP, KRE and Butler, I'm glad we have these companies and competition promotes growth and advancement.

The bashing of "The Camps" is total BS. Stating facts and not opinions is helpful to educate future buyers. Some vendors get a free pass when they may have an issue while others vendors are ripped for every hiccup. This behavior does nothing but divided the small community, it also makes manufactures and providers question why we do what we do, it's certainly not for the money.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

I have no relation to Calvin Hill, the Comp racer, I was a Pro Football player in my previous life .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 65nss4spdGTO For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
The bashing of "The Camps" is total BS. Stating facts and not opinions is helpful to educate future buyers. Some vendors get a free pass when they may have an issue while others vendors are ripped for every hiccup. This behavior does nothing but divided the small community, it also makes manufactures and providers question why we do what we do, it's certainly not for the money.
Amen!

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 01-01-2014, 05:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Every single vendor, manufacturer and sales only shop has had issues, and will have issues! How you handle the issues is what separates the shops that get ripped on from those that don't.

Customer service is everything.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Holmberg View Post
Every single vendor, manufacturer and sales only shop has had issues, and will have issues! How you handle the issues is what separates the shops that get ripped on from those that don't.

Customer service is everything.
We have a forum for business complaints. Business Entities. There should be NONE in here. That simple.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Suspended

mjm421 Quote: "We have a forum for business complaints. Business Entities. There should be NONE in here. That simple."

AMEN!

GTO George

The Following User Says Thank You to GTOGEORGE For This Useful Post: