Old 01-22-2014, 12:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's funny because I'm still in Arizona until Saturday. Reading the local papers here and no drunk fest incidents made the police blotter news of all the 6 auctions events that go on around Scottsdale.

Matter of fact BJ had 1400 cars sell and made record dollars with over 300 k lookers. I guess you car rationalize the event as just stupid money.

But I'd say it was car guys buying cars they wanted.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H. View Post
... Is this BJ manipulating the market? Sure does seem like it doesn't it, but it doesn't seem like buyers would be that stupid. Let's see how the Mecum auction plays out this week. There are a few Judges, included a couple of IV cars, and a few early cars sprinkled here and there. I believe that will give us a better idea of where the Pontiac market is going.
Well said, exactly what I have been thinking. I don't think B-J should ever be used as a barometer for the market. I liken it to Fantasy Island. Don't think prices in the real world should compare.

Don't get me wrong, if the values of our cars truly do go up, I am not opposed to it.

Last edited by blue71ta; 01-22-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignate View Post
When you've got people with more money than brains playing the collector car market like Wall Street this is what happens. First quality prices for second quality cars.

Nate
I will agree. Some of the Judges were nice. Most had good workmanship, but a lot of wrong parts. But, guess who, with the deep pockets sees or even cares about this? None of them. This was proven throughout last week. And not just with the Judges.
What you will now see is every Judge coming out of the woodwork to be built for Scottsdale 2015. Problem is, those stupid prices ended Sunday. Chances are they wont be back for a while. If I were a gamblin man, Id be buildng 70-72 Trans Ams. Not one crossed the block at Barrett or Russo this year.

Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------
Old 01-22-2014, 07:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Mr Jack Ferris I do agree. The window of opportunity is now before the Judge market gets flooded with cars built from "pieces and parts' {"rear clipped-front clipped-rebuilt-ect,ect ect.}

Old 01-23-2014, 12:57 AM
Suspended

Default THE JUDGE MARKET

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1975pacer View Post
Mr Jack Ferris I do agree. The window of opportunity is now before the Judge market gets flooded with cars built from "pieces and parts' {"rear clipped-front clipped-rebuilt-ect,ect ect.}
NOTHING REALLY DIFFERENT PACER THEY HAVE BEEN CLIPPED AND SPLICED AND PARTS SCROUNGED UP FOR 30 YEARS NOT JUST FOR BJ AND DONT GET ME WRONG IM NOT AGAINST IT IM GLAD THERE FIXED AND BACK ON THE ROAD OR JUST IN SOMEONES GARAGE. THE THING IS DO A SEARCH ON HERE OR NEXT TIME YOUR AT A SHOW OR THE GTO NATIONALS, IM WILLING TO BET YOU HEAR OH NO NOT MY RARE NUMBERS MATCHING CAR ITS NEVER BEEN TOUCHED ITS ALL ORIGINAL JUST NO ONE WILL ADMIT TO IT, ONCE THESE CARS ARE PAINTED THEY GO TO A SPECIAL PLACE LIKE FANTASYLAND OR ORIGINALAND OR RUSTFREELAND OR ANYWHERE BUT REALITYLAND I MUST BE A BAD GUY BECAUSE IVE NEVER HAD A GTO WITH THE ORIGINAL ENGINE OR ONE I DID NOT HAVE TO WELD ON, EXCEPT ONE 1969 EXPRESSO BROWN MUSTARD INTERIOR HAD THE ORIGINAL ENGINE A 2 BARRELL MAN THAT CAR FELL OFF THE UGLY TREE AND HIT EVERY BRANCH ON THE WAY DOWN. IM SURE THERE IS THE ODD CAR THAT IS REAL AND HAS THE CORRECT PARTS BUT THEY ARE VERY VERY FEW AND FAR BETWEEN, IF YOU THINK ABOUT ALL THE TECHNOLEGY THAT WE HAVE NOW COMPARED TO BACK IN THE DAY AND ALL THE REPRO PARTS YOU JUST REALLY NEED A VIN TAG AND THE REST CAN BE FOUND, SO IF SOMEONE WANTS A CAR AND THEY PAY X AMOUNT OF MONEY AND THEY BELIEVE ITS A NUMBERS MATCHING SHEETMETAL MATCHING CREAM PUFF GREAT, GIVE ME 5 MINUTES A DA AND SOME 80 GRIT PAPER YOU MIGHT HAVE TO GO TO SUNDAY BIBLE SCHOOL WHEN IM DONE. IM REAL GLAD I STILL HAVE MY FIRST CAR A 1969 GTO CONVERTIBLE WRONG ENGINE SOME FILLER A BRAKE JOB OR TWO CHANGED THE OIL RELIGIOUSLY A TON OF MEMORIES AND GREAT PEOPLE IVE MET SINCE 1977 AND NEVER ONCE TRIED TO PUT A VALUE ON IT ITS FAMILY AND THAT YOU CANT BUY NOW IM DONE TONIGHTS WEATHER IN SCOTTSDALE ANYWAY IT HAS STOPPED RAINING 1969 CR JUDGES BUT THERE IS A CHANCE OF MORNING SHOWERS OF TRANS AMS OH YEAH THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THERE WHITE.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobi View Post
NOTHING REALLY DIFFERENT PACER THEY HAVE BEEN CLIPPED AND SPLICED AND PARTS SCROUNGED UP FOR 30 YEARS NOT JUST FOR BJ AND DONT GET ME WRONG IM NOT AGAINST IT IM GLAD THERE FIXED AND BACK ON THE ROAD OR JUST IN SOMEONES GARAGE. THE THING IS DO A SEARCH ON HERE OR NEXT TIME YOUR AT A SHOW OR THE GTO NATIONALS, IM WILLING TO BET YOU HEAR OH NO NOT MY RARE NUMBERS MATCHING CAR ITS NEVER BEEN TOUCHED ITS ALL ORIGINAL JUST NO ONE WILL ADMIT TO IT, ONCE THESE CARS ARE PAINTED THEY GO TO A SPECIAL PLACE LIKE FANTASYLAND OR ORIGINALAND OR RUSTFREELAND OR ANYWHERE BUT REALITYLAND I MUST BE A BAD GUY BECAUSE IVE NEVER HAD A GTO WITH THE ORIGINAL ENGINE OR ONE I DID NOT HAVE TO WELD ON, EXCEPT ONE 1969 EXPRESSO BROWN MUSTARD INTERIOR HAD THE ORIGINAL ENGINE A 2 BARRELL MAN THAT CAR FELL OFF THE UGLY TREE AND HIT EVERY BRANCH ON THE WAY DOWN. IM SURE THERE IS THE ODD CAR THAT IS REAL AND HAS THE CORRECT PARTS BUT THEY ARE VERY VERY FEW AND FAR BETWEEN, IF YOU THINK ABOUT ALL THE TECHNOLEGY THAT WE HAVE NOW COMPARED TO BACK IN THE DAY AND ALL THE REPRO PARTS YOU JUST REALLY NEED A VIN TAG AND THE REST CAN BE FOUND, SO IF SOMEONE WANTS A CAR AND THEY PAY X AMOUNT OF MONEY AND THEY BELIEVE ITS A NUMBERS MATCHING SHEETMETAL MATCHING CREAM PUFF GREAT, GIVE ME 5 MINUTES A DA AND SOME 80 GRIT PAPER YOU MIGHT HAVE TO GO TO SUNDAY BIBLE SCHOOL WHEN IM DONE. IM REAL GLAD I STILL HAVE MY FIRST CAR A 1969 GTO CONVERTIBLE WRONG ENGINE SOME FILLER A BRAKE JOB OR TWO CHANGED THE OIL RELIGIOUSLY A TON OF MEMORIES AND GREAT PEOPLE IVE MET SINCE 1977 AND NEVER ONCE TRIED TO PUT A VALUE ON IT ITS FAMILY AND THAT YOU CANT BUY NOW IM DONE TONIGHTS WEATHER IN SCOTTSDALE ANYWAY IT HAS STOPPED RAINING 1969 CR JUDGES BUT THERE IS A CHANCE OF MORNING SHOWERS OF TRANS AMS OH YEAH THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THERE WHITE.
Does anyone else here feel a little short of breath? or dizzy? or maybe the onset of anxiety ? when reading a hobi post? lol

I agree its really kind of funny how many collector cars have survived with never any rust and original sheet metal. They have really become ,not so rare after all. Luckily most old car guys can tell on most cars if metal work has been done.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1beautifuldaughter For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 08:46 AM
Suspended

Default HOBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1beautifuldaughter View Post
Does anyone else here feel a little short of breath? or dizzy? or maybe the onset of anxiety ? when reading a hobi post? lol

I agree its really kind of funny how many collector cars have survived with never any rust and original sheet metal. They have really become ,not so rare after all. Luckily most old car guys can tell on most cars if metal work has been done.
MUST BE TIME FOR MY MEDICATION

Old 01-23-2014, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Come on Joe, give us ONE post where the caps lock is OFF!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 01-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Suspended

Default MEDICATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
ok boss I guess the dancing smiling Pontiac puds have to go to

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 08:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
ok boss
Thanks! LOL!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 01-23-2014, 09:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I wish I met up with more likeminded guys at BJackson. The ones I met were great. Met PB's bro inlaw and bud, we chatted for some time great guys.
Heard hobi and Pepperjudge were there and missed them.
Talk to a original owner of a Black/red gut 4 speed 70 Judge while stationed in Hawaii. Now owns a survivor 69 Judge to compensate somewhat for selling the 70. Lives in Idaho now and loves being a Poncho lover in big sky country.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:17 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
I think I'm starting to feel better already.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Ya Bro reading all caps is like watching a shaky video. I have to pop a Dramamine.

Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------
Old 01-23-2014, 07:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Actually was Frank Rizzo's idea, just like taking a regular Lemans or GTO and cloning it.

So when he types he just cloning around turning regular letters into something special!

Yall consider yourself LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just remember if it has T*ts, Tires, or a BJ is involved it gonna cost you lots of money!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richard sargent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Suspended

Default CAPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Ferris View Post
Ya Bro reading all caps is like watching a shaky video. I have to pop a Dramamine.
Jack this post is for you I hope you had fun in Scottsdale and the 80 plus degree weather I ordered for you was enough for you to say you had fun in Arizona at Barrett week. Also I hope you did well buying or selling.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Jack this post is for you I hope you had fun in Scottsdale and the 80 plus degree weather I ordered for you was enough for you to say you had fun in Arizona at Barrett week. Also I hope you did well buying or selling.
Sorry I can't read your last post been too long with the caps.

Please repost with all caps

Old 01-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Suspended

Default No Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard sargent View Post
Sorry I can't read your last post been too long with the caps.

Please repost with all caps
Richard I find myself less angry when I take the cap lock button off. And those dancing jumping Pontiac Puds got to be so so annoying.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

OK FINE BE THAT WAY!

Old 01-23-2014, 10:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Richard I find myself less angry when I take the cap lock button off. And those dancing jumping Pontiac Puds got to be so so annoying.
Who are you? And what have you done with hobi?

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.