Old 11-24-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Correct timing cover for my 64 GTO

Looks like i managed to send out the wrong timing cover (1968 only part number 9790347 takes the 8 bolt water pump, Has the Water neck hump, but from my search results it takes a larger Balancer???) with my 1964 78X GTO engine and it came back with the assembled engine installed and all sealed up but not water pump installed and I still need to buy a new balancer.

So If I wanted to run a stock 64 balancer and pulleys I would need to install the correct timing cover part number 9773371, Which I have here on the bench.

Also, I will be installing a tripower on the 78X motor.

Right or ???

Thanks
Brian

Old 11-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have the right timing cover for your application. email me if interested. Note that it has the single pointer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	64timing.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	112438  

Old 11-24-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre
I have the right timing cover for your application. email me if interested. Note that it has the single pointer.

Well thanks, but like i said above i have the correct part numbered piece on the bench.

My Question was: Will the 68 only unit i have installed work right with all the 64 balancers and pulleys.

Thanks,

Brian

Old 11-27-2007, 03:40 PM

Yes I beleive you are correct, it is my understanding that the 64-68 is the same cover 8 bolt water pump. I am putting a 69 timing cover on my 64 with the 11 bolt water pump with the flow cooler pump for better cooling and will have to use a different damper and pulleys.