Old 07-19-2009, 12:23 AM

Smile "Barn Judge" attends it's first car show in 40 years...

...I purchased this 69 GTO Judge in April from the original lady owner, she drove it out of the showroom at Wells Pontiac in Richmond Indiana in March of 1969 and kept it until a just a few months ago

...the Judge was driven for 3 years and parked in 1972...in 1975 it was plated, inspected, new exhaust and tires installed and then parked again for 35 more years...today was our local car show and I took the Judge to it's first car show ever...the Judge has been a local legend in New Castle for decades and now people can see the real car, no more stories...after seeing this car once in 1969, hearing stories about it for decades and looking for it for 25 years hoping to purchase it, or even just see it again, I can't even begin to explain how happy I am to own this car...it is a "survivor" and will remain that way forever I hope

ps...I also took the HURST Challenger to the show
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of P1010141.JPG
Views:	332
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	175262   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of P1010153.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	175263  

Old 07-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Pontiacmuscle

Awesome! Did anyone else "recognize" the Judge?

Old 07-19-2009, 09:58 AM

Are you planning to bring that car to Norwalk?

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 07-19-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacmuscle View Post
Awesome! Did anyone else "recognize" the Judge?

....many local car guys asked where it came from and were shocked when they found out it was the same Judge we had heard about all those years...several had tried to buy it thru the years and were always turned down, or told the car didn't really exist

Old 07-19-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike nixon View Post
Are you planning to bring that car to Norwalk?

Mike

...what/when is going on at Norwalk...gotta remember, I'm really a MOPAR guy at heart

Old 07-19-2009, 10:29 AM

Tripower Nationals, Norwalk, Ohio. Aug 7th 8th 9th. Held at Summit Raceway Park.

I think it's the same weekend as the Mopar Nats in Columbus.

Bring her up Fri night or Sat morning and enjoy it. Racing on site, Show on site, swap meet on site. It's a great time.

MIke

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 07-19-2009, 10:31 AM

Link

http://www.pontiacnationals.com/

- Winston Churchill
Old 07-19-2009, 10:42 AM

...same weekend as the MOPAR Nationals in Columbus Ohio, I haven't missed it in 26 years...I'll get the old Judge to a Pontiac show sometime

Old 07-19-2009, 11:15 AM

Oct 3rd in Portland there's usually a good show here in Portland. It's put on by the local show.

If you've got some events that you'e going to attend drop me a line. I'd like to look the car over.

Mike

- Winston Churchill
Old 07-19-2009, 04:31 PM

Mike,

...that may be it's only show outing for the year, but I do drive it occasionally....getting the square tires changed this week I hope

...you are most welcome to visit my garage anytime and see the other stuff too if you like

Old 07-28-2009, 03:47 PM

Bring your Judge up to the "famed" Woodward Dream Cruise August 15th. Its a Blast!

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

Old 07-28-2009, 03:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy-JA...eature=related

There's a video, there others once you're on the youtube website...

Old 07-28-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73brewstersd View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy-JA...eature=related

There's a video, there others once you're on the youtube website...
...I go to Woodward every year...I take MOPARS

Old 07-28-2009, 05:08 PM

Do you go on the day of the actual cruise, or the weekdays of the weekend? I've actually never attended the Saturday show, I enjoy being able to cruise woodward during the week!

Old 07-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Do you go on the day of the actual cruise, or the weekdays of the weekend? I've actually never attended the Saturday show, I enjoy being able to cruise woodward during the week!
Ive done both several times. Woodward is a blast!

Old 07-28-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
... MOPAR Nationals Fri-Sun, come home, change cars and reload, then we leave for Woodward on Wednesday and return the following Sunday...it's a blast...most fun 10 days or so a guy could have

...we've had reserved parking at 13th & Woodward every year (school yard) courtesy of Chrysler, but it's easy to park anywhere with a little patience

Old 07-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great story 69 Daytona. It's nice to see some of these hard to source cars go to people who actually appreciate them. I can only imagine how great it feels to tell your story to the "locals" and see the look on their face when they realize this is the car, the legend. It's probably even better than I am thinking it is.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 07-29-2009, 08:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 DAYTONA View Post
...I purchased this 69 GTO Judge in April from the original lady owner, she drove it out of the showroom at Wells Pontiac in Richmond Indiana in March of 1969 and kept it until a just a few months ago

...the Judge was driven for 3 years and parked in 1972...in 1975 it was plated, inspected, new exhaust and tires installed and then parked again for 35 more years...today was our local car show and I took the Judge to it's first car show ever...the Judge has been a local legend in New Castle for decades and now people can see the real car, no more stories...after seeing this car once in 1969, hearing stories about it for decades and looking for it for 25 years hoping to purchase it, or even just see it again, I can't even begin to explain how happy I am to own this car...it is a "survivor" and will remain that way forever I hope

ps...I also took the HURST Challenger to the show
Beautiful Judge. So how many miles are on it now? RAIII car? Manual or auto trans?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JOHN View Post
Great story 69 Daytona. It's nice to see some of these hard to source cars go to people who actually appreciate them. I can only imagine how great it feels to tell your story to the "locals" and see the look on their face when they realize this is the car, the legend. It's probably even better than I am thinking it is.
...it sure has been a conversation starter

Old 07-29-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue71ta View Post
Beautiful Judge. So how many miles are on it now? RAIII car? Manual or auto trans?
45K miles RA III, 4-spd

...the lady bought it new and drove it to work daily until gas reached .50 cents a gallon...then it was replaced with a new Duster, parked and forgotten

...sad part, due to some past medical problems, she has absolutely no memory of owning/driving the Judge, only what her family has told her...she wasn't the least bit sentimental about selling it

...moral of the story, you should always pay attention to little old ladies, you never know what they might have hiding in their garage from their younger, wilder days

pix...original owner and a VERY happy new owner
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of P1010090.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	176397