SOLD Pontiacs The cars in here have already been sold. The topics will be kept for a few months for referance.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:02 PM

Default 1976 Trans Am project car

This is a cross post from the Garage Journal forum...the car is not mine, I have no involvement. It's taken apart and needs a lot of work, but I think there's a lot there for only $1,500. The car is in Massachusetts.

https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/...d.php?t=395322

I am accepting the reality that I have collected too many projects over the years and just won't get to them anytime soon.

I have a '76 Trans Am that is in pieces and should be considered a major project. The engine block had a hole punched through the side of it, so it's gone. When I say that the car is in pieces, I mean that the front subframe is off so all the parts from the cowl forward have been removed and are sitting in my barn. Seats are out and carpet is partially up.

There aren't gaping rust holes everywhere, which I was always pleased by given what I've seen on these cars around here. There is a very small hole on the PS cowl down low. The inner tail panel is rotted. There are some rusty areas on the floors but I don't recall any actual holes. The bottom of one fender might have rust or a repair on it, which I noticed when I was moving parts the other day. Basically, the car has been sitting for a while in my barn and I would need to look at specific areas if you have questions about them.

Someone installed a Formula hood (a rare type) on the car in place of the TA shaker hood, and I think the front fascia is from a '75 TA.

The title is in the previous owner's name, but when he sold the car to me he put my name and the purchase price on the back of the title, in an area which in MA you can use as a bill of sale. So, I probably need to send in the title to get it in my name before transferring it to you.

If you are looking for a project car like this, please let me know. I'm putting the price at $1500 but am open to offers.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is Bull (formerly Catalina Dave), he used to be on this site years ago. I've bought a couple of cars from him in the past- my brother still owns the Catalina that was in his original user name. Good guy to deal with.

I found this thread from when he started tearing the car apart. Has lots of pics of the car. http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=765532

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw

Last edited by goatless; 07-06-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sold