THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67drake View Post
Figured no need to start a new thread so.....
Ok basics. Do these plug in the cigarette lighter or have to be hard wired? I hate working under the dash on these new vehicles.
On rear view ones where does the camera mount if it’s a pickup truck?
FWIW, my setup has front and rear cams and the rear facing cam is stuck to the glass behind the passenger side rear seat headrest. I picked up some add-a-fuse bases at an auto parts store and will finish wiring the system into an always-hot spot in the fuse panel under the hood. The F800 cable isn't long enough so I'll end up crimping in an extra couple feet of 16ga wire and I have a good place to come into the truck on the firewall.

With the always-hot wiring set-up, it goes into monitor mode when the truck is off. As soon as it sees power from a switched source it goes into continuous record mode and dumps old data as necessary. If I get hit when I'm away from the truck, the unit comes on in a second or so and records for maybe 30 seconds front and rear. I can also set it up to record if it detects movement while away.

If I were to get into an accident while on the road, the shock sensor automatically tags the recording from 30seconds prior to the shock to 30 seconds after and locks the recording from being overwritten. After the 30seconds is up, the continuous 1-minute interval recording continues so that even after a collision the cam should continue to record image and sound.