Old 05-20-2000, 06:17 PM

this is a common problem with this body correct? I see the post above and want more information on the fan. Is it a engine driven fan or electric? I will change the thermostat to a 160 and anything else that will cure this problem. This is a fresh rebuilt 326 and it still overheats with long idle periods. Thanks for the help

Old 05-20-2000, 06:17 PM

this is a common problem with this body correct? I see the post above and want more information on the fan. Is it a engine driven fan or electric? I will change the thermostat to a 160 and anything else that will cure this problem. This is a fresh rebuilt 326 and it still overheats with long idle periods. Thanks for the help

Old 05-21-2000, 01:39 AM

which post are you referring to? mike
if it's in regards to the cooling fan rotation; a quick test is to fire the engine up get a piece of paper and hold it in front of the radiator. if the paper pulls toward the radiator the fan is on right,if it blows away then it's on backwards. this also applies to electric units. on these you can usually switch the wires and reverse the rotation if i'm not mistaken.
also do you have some type of shroud? this will help with low speed airflow. mike

[This message has been edited by mike nixon (edited 05-21-2000).]

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 05-22-2000, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Go to "Heating & Cooling" Forum and click on "Show all topics". There are several good topics on "overheating". You can resurrect one that best fits your situation.