Old 10-19-2000, 09:14 PM

A young man was walking from town to town looking for work. He came to a farm and saw a farmer out front, so he asked if there was any work around the farm he could do in exchange for a hot meal.
"Sure", the farmer said,"There's a can of paint and a brush on the table there, go ahead and start painting the porch out back, and lunch will be ready in about an hour."
So an hour later the young man comes in for lunch. "How's it going out back?" the farmer asked.
"Great!" the young man said "It's all painted, but I gotta tell ya, that ain't no porche out back, It's a Pontiac!"

Old 10-19-2000, 09:14 PM

A young man was walking from town to town looking for work. He came to a farm and saw a farmer out front, so he asked if there was any work around the farm he could do in exchange for a hot meal.
"Sure", the farmer said,"There's a can of paint and a brush on the table there, go ahead and start painting the porch out back, and lunch will be ready in about an hour."
So an hour later the young man comes in for lunch. "How's it going out back?" the farmer asked.
"Great!" the young man said "It's all painted, but I gotta tell ya, that ain't no porche out back, It's a Pontiac!"

Old 10-21-2000, 01:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

OK, here's one. Question, name a car that starts with P? Answer, most cars I know start with GAS.

Old 10-21-2000, 02:21 PM

propane

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 11-12-2000, 06:48 PM
Senior Chief

Never seen a car start with PEE! Sure would be a lot cheaper. Finish off a 6 pack and go fill up your tank.

Old 11-12-2000, 07:20 PM
Senior Chief

OK. Here's one. 1962, 17 years old, and me and 2 friends have my dads 1955 Pontiac Chiefton. We decided to go to the Raisen City Drag Strip just outside Fresno Ca. and watch the Drags. After a night of breathing tire smoke and racing fuel it was time to go home. I was really pumped by the races and that was all we talked about on the way home. As I was taking my friends home, out in the country, I pulled up to a stop sign, and this vision of tire smoke and fire rolled through my head, and I shouted out to my friends,"YOU THINK THOES DRAGSTERS WERE SOMETHING? WATCH THIS" I slipped that puppy in netruel, and wound that tired old 287cid up for all it was worth, and with a vision of laying a [PATCH] of which my friends had never seen before, I dropped that tranny in drive. I lurched forward about 2" and something went BAM. It took us about 20 minutes to walk to my buddies house to use the phone and call my dad, to let him know that, his car was broke down out in the country. When he arrived he picked up a handfull of the U-Joints that were scattered all over the place, and picked up the drive shaft off the ground, and put it in the trunk of his old 50 Pontiac that he drove to work. I tried to tell him that all I did was take off easy, and it just broke, but that didn't fly. He was a Pontiac Mechanic and had been for 20 years or better. After he got it fixed, I had to drive that old 50 around till I went in the Army.

Old 11-12-2000, 09:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Raisen City??!! Man, you are an old COOT!! HAHA!! Next your gonna say you were a member of the Pan Draggers, err.. the Madera Clutchers, no the ...... Now if you start talking about watching Shirley "Drag on Lady" Shayhan(sp?) racing (tuning) her ride, I'm gonna bust up!
I have some pictures of Raisen City my Father in law took back in the 60's. I don't think there are any Pontiacs, but the old vintage cars are neat to look at. If you guys want, I can scan them and try to post.
PS- Dennis B, Welcome aboard!

------------------
John

Old 11-14-2000, 12:57 AM
Senior Chief

Jc455, I kind of thought if anyone had heard of Rasin City it would have been you. I do remember the name Pan Draggers. There was an older guy in our local club that was a member [I think] but he passewd away a short time ago so theres no way to be sure.I would like to see the Pics. E-mail them or if there is a place to post them just tell me where I can see them. Hey E-Mail me or post some info on the Pontiac group in Fresno. I would really like to meet them.