Old 04-23-2013, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Anybody running Wheel Vintiques Rally I's?

I have a set, 2 15 x 7 and 2 15 x 8. Since they don't specifically sell a trim ring for this wheel I figured "rally is rally" and got the polished stainless trim rings they sell for a corvette. After trying everything short of a hydraulic press I could not get these darn things on.

if you have a set of these what did you use? Or am I just not being "serious" enough in my attempts to install? I was on these things with my knees and a rubber mallet - had even oiled up the metal 'grabbers' which go around the inside the full 360 degrees. (didn't the originals just use 4 sets of 2 grabbers?)

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Summit sells the Wheel Vintiques Rally I's.

According to them, the WV trim ring for the 15x8" wheel is part #3004-1.

The part # for the 15x8 Corvette Rally is 3001-15-1.

Appears you're trying to put a square peg into a round hole...

Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Funny part is, it looks like I actually ordered the correct ones for the front. (3001-15-1) After I opened them up I was ready to return them. I didn't see an application chart anywhere.

One of the 15 x 8"s was dinged up right out of the box so it is going back.. the other was my doing so it looks like I have some cool garage art, or some shiny garbage!

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Senior Chief

Jeremy:

I just ordered some off e-bay today. I will tell you how they fit when they arrive next Tuesday.

Peter

Old 04-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool, thanks!

Old 05-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Senior Chief

Jeremy:

I got my trim rings and like you I could not beat them on with a hammer. I did some research and discovered that only the 3004 trim rings from WV will fit. They also have a gap on the 15X7 and a bigger gap on the 15X8. I will be sending the ones I bought back and am now seriously thinking of running the wheels without the trim rings. They do not look too bad that way. I will try and snap a phot tonight and post them. Did you try the WV 3004 trim rings on your wheels?

Old 05-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah I got them on but they don't fit snug against the wheel like you said. Unfortunately, putting them on also scratches up the wheel which makes me want to run them. Wonder if they'd fit if the little friction tangs were bent back some.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:01 AM

Send a message via MSN to patox

After almost 7 years.. it a wonderful time to bring this post to life...

Did you ever finally put the damm rings on?

I'm still fighting my rear disk to fit under the WV rallye I, but I know the ring fight is close in my future...

BTW it seems I bought the 7" ring for my 8" wheel.. so lucky!