Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Old 08-30-2013, 07:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 34th POCI show Franklin NJ Oct.6 2013

I am really hoping the weather is good on oct 6
Last year I didn't bring my Judge because it was a wet day,(or so I thought it would be) but this year I will bring the Judge and my buddy with a 70s T/A if its dry
Maybe I will cross paths with someone from the forums.
Oct 6 2013, VFW Post 5207, 725 Franklin ave, Franklin Lakes NJ
Just near the top of 287 near Mahwah, Suffern.
Hope its a good day.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to takid455

On a dry day, this show has some nice iron. Good to look at cars and talk to folks.

If your looking for a trophy, dont expect much unless you're part of the club or someone's brother. Just seemed like that past few years.

Not bad for a fall drive and some car fun otherwsie.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As the club secretary I need to clarify what popular vote is and how our show judging works.

The show is and always has been popular vote. Each show car entrant receives a voting form to vote for whom they wish. Popular vote at any car show (GTOAA AND POCI Nats have utilized popular vote for years) prevents that kind of nonsense where folks stuff ballot boxes with an unlimited amount of votes.

For you to say "If your looking for a trophy, don't expect much unless you're part of the club or someone's brother. Just seemed like that past few years" is so very very untrue. There is and cannot be favoritism with popular vote at any car show.

I will say that the same cars are winning the past few years because they are the same ones that come out and support the show for a while now. We haven't had any really new cars come out which is strange as the show is advertised heavily so it does get boring when the same folks win every year. It would be great to get a bunch of different Pontiacs that have never been to our show.

Perhaps that's what you are referring too?

Let me know please on here or in person at the show.

67 Bonneville 428 convertible one of one Verdoro green w/parchment, documented GM brass hat parade car with every option for 67, non running MAJOR future project.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to takid455

Did seem same cars/ buddies were there. Not out of the ordinary for a club run show. Friends vote for friends, at least for major places. Thats everywhere w/ popular vote. Saw a few nice modified cars that were non members last year and first time participants from speaking with owners that had no mention. Seemed 'people within' swept the class. Observation made from supporting group members I assume applauding and shouting respective winner's names. Do understand if only the 'friends' are voting and the other 'outsiders' are not, well that would skew the verdict.

Take this as constructive criticism vs negativity.

Go for fun and enjoy the day. Have award for best burn out and drift around corner.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you for your thoughts.

67 Bonneville 428 convertible one of one Verdoro green w/parchment, documented GM brass hat parade car with every option for 67, non running MAJOR future project.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Knowing the guys who run this show.... There is no way there is any foul play in the voting...

But yes, same cars every year attend, would like to see some new people there..... good venue and easy to get to.

I will be there weather permitting....

400HO / TKX 3.27 1ST GEAR-.72OD / 3.36 POSI
HOTCHKIS/UMI/BILSTEIN
Old 09-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There is no foul play in that type of voting system...but it is hard for every car owner (anywhere) to be a 100% objective judge.

Happens everywhere, it's human nature. Go to the shows to go, not to win. After all it's just another piece of plastic to dust.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have owned many many cars and have gone to many many shows, specially back in the day.
There have been times I felt I deserved to win and didn't, and times I won and felt like climbing under a rock because I thought I shouldn't have.
Probably my only real peeve is when a brand new car wins over something someone worked on for 5-10 years. But that has a lot to do with the way shows are set up.
Its nice to be noticed, but my trophy chasing days are over, I have no place to display them anyway and so they are all in the attic with hopes that maybe some day I will own a great room.
I cannot travel far to these big pontiac shows in Ohio, Ct. etc so it excites me to have the opportunity to go not so far away to a pontiac oriented show where people might appreciate my car more than the local mixed shows. to meet someone from the forum that I might have crossed paths with would be a bonus.
There where some beautiful cars last year, But I don't think any 71 Judge.
This year if the weather has no questions of rain, and I get no unexpected surprises in life there will be a white, low mile, 71 Judge WT-7, and my buddy with a 79 black and gold T/A.
I have learned a lot about my car here on the forum,, maybe out in person I will learn even more. And have to spend even more money correcting things.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takid455 View Post
On a dry day, this show has some nice iron. Good to look at cars and talk to folks.

If your looking for a trophy, dont expect much unless you're part of the club or someone's brother. Just seemed like that past few years.

Not bad for a fall drive and some car fun otherwsie.
All of this is true and the trophy situation as well. It's funny watching the same ol' guys hand each other trophies, they're not even embarrassed. Do you really want another one? Here you go!

Outstanding cars come from all over the tri-state area but it's a "club mentality" and the excellent machines that are "guests" (if you will) don't have a chance.

Maybe that's human nature and by design we are competitive to an unnecessary degree.

Watch who wins this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	els-trophy2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	336551  

Old 09-29-2013, 05:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Next week is the show, October 6th. Hope many of you out here can come.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If this beautiful weather of late holds... yes

HOTCHKIS/UMI/BILSTEIN
Old 10-01-2013, 02:12 PM

Can I bring a GMC truck ? They used to sell them together at the end at dealerships ?

Brad

Old 10-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLFAITH View Post
Can I bring a GMC truck ? They used to sell them together at the end at dealerships ?

Brad
There are always 2 guys there with their 50's GMC's..... Awesome trucks....

HOTCHKIS/UMI/BILSTEIN
Old 10-01-2013, 02:42 PM

Thx

See u Sunday

Old 10-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bring it!

Old 10-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to X72GPX

Anyone know what time on Sunday?

Old 10-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://www.gardenstatepoci.org/

HOTCHKIS/UMI/BILSTEIN
Old 10-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well as would have it for me,, My car is all cleaned up and ready to go, Its nearing 8 am and its raining, It looks like it may be decent after this passes but, just like last year will probably become a nice day that just got wet enough to count me out. Maybe if it dries up I will still take a ride out,. Anyone out here know how you are to know if the show gets called for the rain date?????

Old 10-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to X72GPX

Any updates on weather? Is it on?

Old 10-07-2013, 07:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It turned out to be a wet Dank dreary misty foggy day. the roads never dried enough for me to consider taking the judge out.
I am just wondering if anyone knows and can fill me in as to wether the show went on or the rain date was used.