Old 08-05-2004, 06:37 PM
Senior Chief

I've got two questions:

My dad's Judge was built in the third week of FEB and it dosen't have a decal on the glovebox, Should it have one?

Lastly the VIN# says the Unit# is ....A120485 and the data plate Unit# is ...ATL517401, should this be? if it is than what is the unit#?

Old 08-05-2004, 06:37 PM
Senior Chief

I've got two questions:

My dad's Judge was built in the third week of FEB and it dosen't have a decal on the glovebox, Should it have one?

Lastly the VIN# says the Unit# is ....A120485 and the data plate Unit# is ...ATL517401, should this be? if it is than what is the unit#?

Old 08-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Senior Chief

Sorry if that is confusing, the second question is basically if the car has 2 serial#'s than are they supposed to be different?

Old 08-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What year judge are you asking about 69? I have read that some early 69s did not have them.

Old 08-05-2004, 07:19 PM
Senior Chief

A 69 RA III, Im not sure if it was one of the first 2,000 built. the first 2,00 didnt have a glovebox decal

Old 08-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geeto Tiger:
Lastly the VIN# says the Unit# is ....A120485 and the data plate Unit# is ...ATL517401, should this be? if it is than what is the unit#? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geeto Tiger, the V.I.N. number indicates that your car was the 20,485th Pontiac A-body produced with a V-8 at the Atlanta assembly plant that model year. The number on the Fisher Body data plate is a sequence number that applies to the Fisher plant only. If the two numbers ever match, it is purely by coincidence.

Old 08-06-2004, 07:30 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks a Ton!