Old 01-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

auto trans only from what I remember

Old 03-15-2007, 03:32 AM

Column shift with split bench seat/center armrest. Would love to have a lighted ignition switch and power to my bench. Anybody got 4sale???

Old 03-15-2007, 12:55 PM

Send a message via MSN to patox

Quote:
Originally Posted by 672brlbaby
oops my car is a post car.

jim
Got 3 questions...

Can any one tell me what "POST" "NOS" and any other lingo out there means?
I being hanged up from time ago on this topic...

Second one...

There are some switches in the top of the dash, I've seen them for the power antena and power top in verts... but in a hardtop.. what are they for?

Last one...

Wich is the difference between Coupe, Hardtop, Sportcoupe, and other if they exists??

Hope someone can clarify me!

Old 03-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to baron_

NOS = new old stock (still in original wrapper from GM dealer - stored away and never used

POST = 2 door sedan, post model - lots of names for these
These cars have the pillar between the windows, while a hardtop has no 'post' between the windows (not convertibles)

Hardtop does not have the post
Sport coupe = post = 2 door sedan, lots of people call it different things
Click on the following link to see a picture of a 'post car'
http://homepages.udayton.edu/~mertzgea/car12.JPG

Post cars were a lot less common than hardtops - some say they're rarer and like to think they're worth more $
(but hardtops are a good bit more desirable)

The switches in a hardtop operate options just like in a convertible
Power antenna, reverb for stereo, rear defroster, front/rear speakers option and others can have those little chrome switches to operate them (probably a few more i'm not thinking about)

http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=618281
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ9KworCMRE
Old 03-15-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron_
pictures of the wood wheel, tilt, flasher and the weird speedo warning gauges (i wish they were rally gauges)
Baron_.... why do you say yours are not Rally gauges... it looks to me very similar to the rallies.. How do you notice the difference....

I've also noted there is a picture before in this same thread of a dash, very nice keep, and the tach got the red line on 6,5k, the car I'am looking at is just 5k to red.

Last one the radio cover plate you use.. it is kind of original spare? do some cars actualy comes that way? or you just use it to cover the hole??

Old 03-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure if listed.....

Shoulder belts.

Brad

Old 03-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

pictures if you've got 'em, brad

i've even heard of convertibles with shoulder belts - but never seen it

Old 03-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mine aren't rally gauges - rally gauges include the tachometer and the oil pressure/water temperature pod
Standard gauges don't have a tachometer or the oil pressure/water temp pod - they just have dummy lights and a spot for a clock or a block-off plate

Instead, mine are a different option. It includes a low fuel warning (a little light comes on when the fuel gets low) and what's called a 'speed minder' which you can set at a certain speed....and it will buzz when you pass it - to let you know you're speeding.

Rally gauges are much more desirable - wish i had those A little 'ole lady bought my car new - ordered 20 something options - mostly convenience options and not speed options. Which is why i've got weird stuff like those gauges

Stock redline is 5200-5400 or so for V-8's (the one you're looking at). Some of the 6-cylinder cars have a higher redline and the gauges look a little different - might be what you saw. 6-cylinder HO sprint cars could have rally gauges too, and they had the higher redline

The radio cover plate is a 'radio delete plate' which i think is kinda cool - they're original
In the 60's, racecars could be ordered without a heater and without a radio, to reduce weight for racing. Mine came original with a radio, but i put a cd player in the glovebox for modern sound. I just happened to have one of the original radio delete plates and put it in cuz i like it . I suppose a car might have had the radio delete plate if someone didn't want to pay for the radio, too (if they were simply cheap)

radio delete plates aren't too common - heater delete plates are really rare

Old 03-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
pictures if you've got 'em, brad

i've even heard of convertibles with shoulder belts - but never seen it

Can do - however I have not installed them yet (still in the box) but I'll open them up and take some pics...

Brad

Old 03-15-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad B. Hillebrand
Can do - however I have not installed them yet (still in the box) but I'll open them up and take some pics...

Brad
Maybe this are Shoulder belts like the ones you say?
It's the only picture I got right now, but it seems to me it shows enough

PHS says "Seatbelts, customs, front and rear"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO 052.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	85501  

Old 03-17-2007, 07:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 66 GTO

You guys have some SweeT Pontiacs.

The colors on my Convertible are about the rarest/desirablest things it came with. It didn't come with much but I have a LOT of stuff to add to the Car. It's a Triple Black keeper 4ever.

Stock: 389 Tripower/4spd/355 posi/4 core/tach&gauges/console/deluxe belts/mats/pwr str/pwr brks/rally ones/chrome exts/am-push/remote driver mirror.

Spare parts: AM-FM/reverb/tilt/pwr ant/pwr seat/recliner pass/headrests/wood wheel/wood knob/underhood reel out(big car)/trunk reel out/fan shroud/soft ray-missing one quarter glass/day-night mirror/pass remote match/4-way flash/door edge grds/triangular shaped glass washer fluid reserve bottle.

Replacing 389 with 428 4 blt block - boring and stroking to the ragged edge. 7F6 round hole heads. Ported 3x2 intake. Ram Air Round exh. Lakewood scattershield. 11" fly. Richmond 5spd. 12 blt 3.08 posi. 4 whl disc. Some kind of aftermarket cruise- eventually.

Hope to start on it late this year. Had it since 87 just sitting in different buildings. Amazing how fast time goes by when you keep putting things off.

Last edited by Baron Von Zeppelin; 03-17-2007 at 07:21 AM.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Pics of the shoulderbelts....

Pics of the shoulderbelts....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0087.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	85620   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0088.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	85621   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0089.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	264.2 KB
ID:	85622   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0090.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	85623  

Old 03-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[
Clay did you see the pic I posted of my 67 rally set?

QUOTE=baron_]Mine aren't rally gauges - rally gauges include the tachometer and the oil pressure/water temperature pod
Standard gauges don't have a tachometer or the oil pressure/water temp pod - they just have dummy lights and a spot for a clock or a block-off plate

Instead, mine are a different option. It includes a low fuel warning (a little light comes on when the fuel gets low) and what's called a 'speed minder' which you can set at a certain speed....and it will buzz when you pass it - to let you know you're speeding.

Rally gauges are much more desirable - wish i had those A little 'ole lady bought my car new - ordered 20 something options - mostly convenience options and not speed options. Which is why i've got weird stuff like those gauges

Stock redline is 5200-5400 or so for V-8's (the one you're looking at). Some of the 6-cylinder cars have a higher redline and the gauges look a little different - might be what you saw. 6-cylinder HO sprint cars could have rally gauges too, and they had the higher redline

The radio cover plate is a 'radio delete plate' which i think is kinda cool - they're original
In the 60's, racecars could be ordered without a heater and without a radio, to reduce weight for racing. Mine came original with a radio, but i put a cd player in the glovebox for modern sound. I just happened to have one of the original radio delete plates and put it in cuz i like it . I suppose a car might have had the radio delete plate if someone didn't want to pay for the radio, too (if they were simply cheap)

radio delete plates aren't too common - heater delete plates are really rare[/QUOTE]

Old 03-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

cammer - i hadn't paid attention until now

is that a setup with both rally gauges and the speed minder/low fuel gauge?
Is that original? i've sure never seen both - awesome setup and nicely restored
that's the 6 cylinder package, right? (high redline)

brad, any notes on installation of those suckers? That's a nice box of parts
are they bolt on? provisions to install them are in every car?

p.s. to the othe baron: i thought you were a judge guy? that'll be a nice ride - triple black looks as clean and mean as it gets

Patox: I think custom seatbelts are the nicer version of seatbelts. Standard seatbelts have a 'crappy' plastic buckle, while custom seatbelts have a chrome buckle with a little carriage picture that looks nice
custom seatbelts are pricey for these cars, if you still have them on there - another nice option on your soon to be car

Last edited by baron_; 03-17-2007 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's another 1967 rally gauge setup.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

brad, any notes on installation of those suckers? That's a nice box of parts
are they bolt on? provisions to install them are in every car?

Yes, provisions to install are in every car.....They are bolt on. I lost the instructions otherwise I would post, sooner or later I'll get around to installing them....

Brad

Old 03-18-2007, 08:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
p.s. to the othe baron: i thought you were a judge guy? that'll be a nice ride - triple black looks as clean and mean as it gets
naah ... 66's are "THE GTO" to me. When I bought my 69 Judge (1985) it came with a hideaway parts car - I intended to un-Judge it and paint it Liberty Blue with Hideaways. Over the years the Judge stripes and Orange color finally grew on me. 69 with Hides is a close second to 66 - I like them all from 64-70. I interact on here most in the Judge forum, due to the colorful characters and topics.

Gotta 65 Blk hdtp, 66 Blk hdtp, 66 3Blk Vert, 67 Red hdtp, 69 Carousel Judge, 70 Red hdtp. Gonna keep the 66 Vert and my 70 Trans Am 4ever, and maybe one other of the GTO's.

I've never seen a speedminder/tach&gauge cluster either. Never seen a pwr antenna paired to a radio block off (U R WILD!). Only seen 2 speedminders. Cruise Control, Shoulder belts and aluminum front drums are very very scarce. Convertible tonneau covers are Wild. A couple guys around here have gutted 67 8tracks - hinged the face - and hidden CD stereos inside them.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:08 PM

My 67 has one option that no one can tell me if it's rare and just how rare. Mine was ordered with RPO584 Heater Delete.

Car was purchased in Honolulu, Hi and taken del on Feb 1 1967. Pics attached
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	67gto053[1].jpg
Views:	109
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	168868   Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO 019.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	168869  

Old 05-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I ran across a 67 Sprint with heater delete,also a Hawaii car.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm guessing the heater delete is probably rarest...