THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-29-2020, 07:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Brother-in-law not doing well.

Family oriented but certainly no humor involved.

Since the beginning of the Pandemic we hear so much about it many folks are getting a little sick and tired of it. It's so bad in some "circles" I see folks claiming it's not real, refusing to wear masks, not practicing social distancing, or whatever.

At one point I was even getting so tired of hearing about it was starting to wonder if it even existed or not?

Well that all changed here over the weekend. My wife's brother Tom has been hunkered down since the beginning, he's retired and avoiding going out or contact with anyone outside his immediate family.

Well, he broke his own rules for Christmas and got a visit from one of his grand daughters. It's turning out to be a BAD choice. She is a College student and found out right after her visit to her grandpa she has COVID.

Right after her visit he came down with flu like symptoms and started to have trouble breathing. He got pretty bad over the weekend and went to the hospital. They couldn't get his oxygen levels up so sent him to a bigger hospital in Columbus. They couldn't do any better so he ended up on a ventilator and not doing well. His wife called yesterday and said they had to roll him over to get his vital signs up some, but when they put him on his back they fall again. Not a good prognosis for sure and his situation is grave at the moment.

Just a reminder to anyone who reads this that yes, COVID is out there, it's real, doesn't effect some folks in the least, but for sure you don't want to be the one that doesn't do well with it........

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
Old 12-29-2020, 07:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So sorry your family has to go through this.....

Yes..... It is real....

I have a few friends that lost parents this year to this.....

400HO / TKX 3.27 1ST GEAR-.72OD / 3.36 POSI
HOTCHKIS/UMI/BILSTEIN
Old 12-29-2020, 09:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Prayer works.

How about some vitamin C every 2 hours, And some zinc daily. Allowed right?

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Inch Stud For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2020, 09:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry to hear that he is not doing well.

Everyone needs to do whatever you can to stay safe and think of others if you are around them.

A different world we live in, stay safe.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 12-29-2020, 09:37 AM

Hope he pulls through!

Old 12-29-2020, 10:17 AM

Cliff,

Prays go out to your brother in law Tom that he gets through this horrible virus and he makes a full recover.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So sorry to hear this, Cliff. So far my family has been spared any bad reactions. My niece picked it up at college in the spring. She still has no sense of smell. I've got friends who've been hit hard and more than one that were hospitalized. One was a poster child for good health. It's real and it's deadly. Please do what you can to take care of your fellow man out there folks.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Prayers for your brother-in-law. Yes it is real. I have 2 co-workers who have died from it. It is not a conspiracy.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry to hear this Cliff. Sending prayers out for him.

Old 12-29-2020, 11:16 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hope he pulls through.

My wife had it- 3 days of hell.

My co workers daughters (22 and 17) got it. The 17 yr old had no symptoms. The 22 yr old ended up in the hospital on oxygen for a week. It even effects siblings differently which I was shocked at.

Old 12-29-2020, 11:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks guys. I put this up there as another reminder to take this seriously. My brother and his son got exposed about 2 months ago. My brother had 12 hours of nausea and the runs, no other symptoms, fully recovered in less than 3 days. His son had full blown flu like symptoms that lasted about 5 days, then full recovery. It's a BAD deal when you are the one where it gets into the lungs and reeks havoc with your immune system leaving you to basically drown in your own fluids.

It's still WAY too early to let our guard down or think things are getting better. Hopefully the vaccine will help to put this thing in the rear view mirror for 100 years or so till the next one comes along........

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cliff R For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2020, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Our prayers go out to your brother in law that he'll make a full recovery.

My oldest daughter (43) came down with it in June. Hospitalized for week and then sent home. It attacked her heart and lungs and she now has permanent heart damage and will require medication for the rest of her life.
She is still recovering at this date and although stronger now, she still carries oxygen with her wherever she goes.

Her teenage daughters and husband came down with it at the same time but beyond a mild fever they were fine after 3 or 4 days. They caught it at a extended family birthday party.

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express

Old 12-29-2020, 01:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry to hear this Cliff, prayers going out.

I've had 6 people I know die from it, some of whom were in their 30s and not in any way considered a risk. And at least 2 dozen who had it and ranged from "eh" to "just a flu." It's just a very real problem that has a high enough risk to take precautions.

Hopefully he pulls through!

Old 12-29-2020, 01:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm sorry to hear about your bro-n-law and will add him to my prayer list.

This darn covid thing! Our daughter-n-law caught it, and the lady who cuts our hair, and it was no big deal for either of them. Neither one's husband even got it. But then it kills people.

We will pray that your bro-n-law pulls through.

Old 12-29-2020, 01:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cliff, first of all prayers sent for your BIL.

I live 8 miles south of Springfield Ohio in a small village of South Charleston Ohio, about 90-100 miles from Mount Vernon. The population here is 1693, per the 2010 census. We have 190 cases in this small village, so roughly 12% of the population currently has it.

As has been said it affects people differently. I'm in the high risk group because of diabetes, hypertension, and asthma. I don't lock myself up, but am cautious when I'm out in public.

Having to go to Scottsdale last month for my mothers illness, and eventual death, I was in the public quite a bit, but I did wear the mask, and did wash hands as well as used hand cleaner when appropriate. I had to be tested to gain entry in to the retirement home to clean out the apartment. Since returning home, I've been tested for the antibody after finding out that it has been in the US blood supply since November 2019. I was really sick a year ago at this same time for 2 weeks in bed, and a month before all the symptoms dissipated. My doc had me tested for antibodies to see if I actually had it. Test came back negative, then I found out from another doc that the antibodies go away after 90 days. The vaccine protects longer than the antibodies do from actually having it, but I haven't heard how long the vaccine lasts. I don't believe it's been determined yet how long the vaccine lasts.

My doc also told me about another patient that was the picture of health, was around 40 years old that got it, and ended up in the hospital very sick, has since recovered from it.

Mark is correct, that the vitamins and zinc does build up immunity that makes your resistance 77% better to this disease, and am currently on the same regiment because of my risk factors. I don't underestimate this disease, but I also won't lock myself up in my house. Just be careful when you're out, and about.

Covid, one of the things that china made, that didn't turn out to be junk, breaks down, and gets thrown in the trash......

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 12-29-2020, 03:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Prayers sent your way, Cliff. Let's hope he pulls through this.

Old 12-29-2020, 03:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hoping for improvement Cliff. Rough one. My immediate circle COVID experience is mostly mild to week or two flu like. One glaring exception is friend who got extremely ill, emergency surgery, and months later having it rough still.

Old 12-29-2020, 04:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am sorry to read of your brother in law;
I like many know that this is a real virus, and suspect that like many, we won't be out of the woods till we have attained herd immunity;
What some don't seem to get is that the younger you are, the more likely this strain of the corona virus will not affect you, or have minimized effect.

What irritates, no, enrages me, is the fact that covid19 mortalities are being skewed by comorbidities being brushed under the proverbial carpet in most jurisdictions.

The grand daughter who is attending college (and I don't mean to say this crassly, or with a cavalier attitude) is definitely in red flag territory for being a carrier to any high risk person;
That being said, we all need to be able to use our best judgement in respect to our risks.

I will pray for your brother in law.
Might I ask for his name?

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)
Old 12-29-2020, 06:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

And Vitamin D for the women. Men too. There.

Old 12-29-2020, 06:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This thread is rather timely, as my wife has just informed me that a good friend, and work associate, that lives in the Mansfield Ohio area, was just informed that she, and her whole family of 5, all have come down with covid. They have all been tested positive. The work associate is named Tara, 49 YO, my wife says she's also in poor condition, not yet hospitalized, but it is a possibility. This lady is a nurse/case manager, as is my wife.

My wife has asked me to post this in an effort to have a few more people to pray for Tara, and her family. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I apologize for the hijack Cliff, I felt it would get exposure in this thread, maybe better than starting a new prayer request.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated