THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roar View Post
Guns dont saves life , they takes life.

But some life must be taken, to save the comunity.

Sad but true
Wow....I just noticed this and don't know where to start.

I guess that's exactly what Stalin and Mao Zedong said before they proceeded to exterminate 80,000,000 of their own citizens.

Andrew

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets."
Old 12-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadac View Post
This isn't VA. it is Indiana.
Thank God! We have the most retarded statutes.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 12-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nomadac,

Thank you for posting the ICC (Indiana Criminal Code) reference. We Hoosiers have some of the most common sense-based gun laws in the country. BTW, I carry (Para GI Expert)!!

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 12-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
So if you stay at home you are protected, but if you leave you home you should be defenseless? The 2nd Amendment states "the right to keep and bear arms" doesn't mean only at home. State Laws permit those with a CCW to bear arms outside of their homes for protection.

Back in the Wild West days when almost everyone had firearms it was a more civil time.
I recommend you read the book "More Guns and Less Crime" by Dr. John Lott that disproves your assumptions.
i suppose if one is timid,scared or couldnt fight their way out of a paper bag with the top open or just simple a paranoid insecure person,,or regularly frequenting ghettos, drug alleys or just live or hang around ''hotspots'',,,then maybe a gun would give one a ''feeling'' of security

Old 12-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I don't live anywhere near a ghetto or hot spot and I'm completely secure in myself. I've conceal carried for 25 years and I'm certainly not itching to use it, hope I never do.
Just like car/homeowner insurance, rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
i suppose if one is timid,scared or couldnt fight their way out of a paper bag with the top open or just simple a paranoid insecure person,,or regularly frequenting ghettos, drug alleys or just live or hang around ''hotspots'',,,then maybe a gun would give one a ''feeling'' of security

Kinda like the armed Kroger employee. I bet he had that "feeling" of security when he went to work that day.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by W72-Bandit View Post
I don't live anywhere near a ghetto or hot spot and I'm completely secure in myself. I've conceal carried for 25 years and I'm certainly not itching to use it, hope I never do.
Just like car/homeowner insurance, rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
no offense but if you carry,,you do NOT feel secure,,else you wouldnt need it.
if you remove every dangerous thing around us on a daily basis,,you would have to stay in bed.
forget taking a bath as theres thousands of bath mishaps a year

Old 12-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
no offense but if you carry,,you do NOT feel secure,,else you wouldnt need it.
if you remove every dangerous thing around us on a daily basis,,you would have to stay in bed.
forget taking a bath as theres thousands of bath mishaps a year
Do you have a smoke detector in your house, health/car/home owners insurance, fire department/cops you can call?

Last edited by sleepy; 12-28-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
It made me sick to hear about the shooting in Norway. What made it even more sad is how it all happened. By most accounts the gunman was unchallenged for over an hour and went around the island killing children and adults alike. By the time police showed up, more than an HOUR later, 77 people were dead and about 150 people were injured.

If just one adult on the island had a handgun this tragedy would never have been as extreme as it was.

The fact is that when you outlaw guns the only people left with guns are the government and the criminals. This leaves the average citizen without any efficient means of self defense. Police forces are largely reactionary, meaning they mostly show up after a crime has been committed. So the question is, what do you do while the police are in-route, assuming you can even make that call.

Andrew
They had a police guard there, he was one of the first he took out Insane the whole incident. May it never happen again.
This is just a topic where one will never find an answer that is correct for all events.

Last edited by Roar; 12-28-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roar View Post
They had a police guard there, he was one of the first he took out Insane the whole incident. May it never happen again.
This is just a topic where one will never find an answer that is correct for all events.
Right. That is why it is better to carry a gun concealed, that way the bad guys don't know who to take out first. Very sad indeed.

Andrew

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets."
Old 12-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well I grew up on a farm and Dad always had a couple of rifles and a shotgun. I got my first rifle when I was 12 and my shotgun when I was 14, both I still have. I also have two .50 caliber Thompson muzzleloaders, both sidelocks, a .44 Remington New Army, an 1861 .36 caliber Navy Colt and a .36 Spiller&Burr, all my pistols are blackpowder and with the exception of the shotgun all are almost always loaded. I normally carry either the .44 or the Colt about everytime I go out the door with the exception of going to the bank or grocery store as around here employees freak out if you walk into a large chain grocery store with a large revolver hanging on your hip. The small convienence stores don't have a problem with it as they seem more comfortable seeing me walk in,and these employees know me as I am in these stores just about everyday. And one of them an attempted robbery happened at a couple of months ago. Am I out to kill anyone? No. But if my hogleg prevents a crime then it is worth me carrying.

A poor man has poor ways.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:24 AM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Exclamation

Quote:
This employee should be congratulated for protecting another employee and the customers in the store at the time.
But he won't be. As a matter of fact, I'll bet they fire him.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 12-29-2011, 12:26 AM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radman View Post
Better yet, if he is sued. Talk to the local Federal Prosecutor about Extortion and Racketeering charges for the family bringing the suit and the lawyer representing them. A criminal activity of pay me now or pay me later is illegal.
A lawsuit, however frivolous, is not extortion, which is what you're talking about.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 12-29-2011, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Wow....I just noticed this and don't know where to start.

I guess that's exactly what Stalin and Mao Zedong said before they proceeded to exterminate 80,000,000 of their own citizens.

Andrew
Thank you very much for comparing me with those guys.

Last edited by Roar; 12-29-2011 at 05:16 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by W72-Bandit View Post
Right there with you bro.

Be safe;and aim for the head.

Ken French Built Chassis

Carlquist Competition Engines IA2 505
Competition CNC Ported Super Chiefs
CCE Ported Gustram
Twin Dominators from Shaker 455
963 HP

`09 Electra Glide Standard.

`03 F-350 7.3 6-speed 4x4 Crew Cab Dually.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Be even safer...aim for the centre of mass and keep firing till the threat is past.

A couple of years ago, a pair of armed robbers about to take down a bank were confronted by several police on stakeout here.....they ended up with about 30 holes between them and the press were quick to ask why were they shot so many times?
The answer...they were armed with automatic weapons and refused to surrender, while they were still on their feet holding the weapons, they kept getting shot...the shooting stopped when they were no longer a threat.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Nothing wrong with people getting killed, as long as they're the right people....awful lot of low lifes in the world.

1960 Laurentian 283
1963 Laurentian 283
1976 Trans Am 400
1977 Trans Am 400
1951 Chieftain Flat head 6
1967 Firebird 400 convertible
1967 Firebird 400 coupe
1979 Trans Am 403
1971 Formula 455 (clone)
1969 Firebird 350
1968 Firebird 428 manual.
Sydney, Australia
Old 12-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Also from personal experience I can tell you that when I go to the gun range, I meet the nicest, most polite people in Memphis. Gee, I wonder if that's because everyone knows that everyone else has a gun? :-)

Andrew
On the flip side, I've met or seen some of the biggest buttholes in the world at gun shows where they just rent a table and set up. There's an element attracted to firearms (dealers and private peddlers) that are THE people you don't want to know in private life. They're arrogant, sometimes criminal and big mouthed. Try to talk to them about a gun trade and they start raising their voice and telling you how they're so this and that and their product is so special it deserves the price. Okay, keep it then. I keep looking for a deal I'm comfortable with

I know for certain one of the gun show dealers here paid someone to shoot up his ex-wife's house and he didn't care if her kids were inside.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Shame when an honest person makes a mistake.
Like think'n all States are free as thiers.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45814610/ns/us_news/

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 12-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region Warrior View Post
Shame when an honest person makes a mistake.
Like think'n all States are free as thiers.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45814610/ns/us_news/
One of the first things they tell you in the permit class. Just because you have the permit here, doesn't mean other states will honor it. If you go out of state, CHECK THE LOCAL LAWS.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
Do you have a smoke detector in your house, health/car/home owners insurance, fire department/cops you can call?
No answer NytWyt?