Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 02-16-2024, 12:49 PM
Senior Chief

Default low voltage landscape transformers

Hey guys- looking for a 200w rotary transformer, I see a couple Malibu's on ebay, appear to be refurbished. Unsure whether or not Malibu is still making the rotary 24 hour dial type- I do not want one w/the photo sensor. Any recommendations on other brands? Thanks

Old 02-18-2024, 02:56 AM

FYI Malibu Lighting went out of business back in 2017.

Old 02-19-2024, 10:48 AM
Senior Chief

Too bad, liked their simplicity....easy-to-set dial timers, program and done. Hate the photo sensor units, even the streetlights affect them

Old 02-19-2024, 07:26 PM

Very true, their simplicity was very hard to beat. I have switched my transformers over to be controlled by the plug in My Touch timers. Once I got the hang of programing them, they are pretty easy to use. What I like most with them is there is a battery backup that keeps the time and program settings i case the power goes off. Plus, I have 3 different transformers running different areas and using the My Touch timers I can get them all turning on and off within a minute of each other.

Old 02-20-2024, 10:42 AM
Senior Chief

Thanks for the tip, I'll check these out