Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 01-15-2008, 09:56 AM

Default brake lines

I am about to install a new Strange Ford 9" with 11" Ford drums in my 1969 GTO convertible and would like to know if stock GM 10" brake line will fit or do I need rear brake lines from a Ford Torino or similiar and what 3 way dist. block that sits on top of the pot to use.
Thanks,

Old 01-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Suspended

The three way distributor block should be located on you new rear end in the same or similar location as it was located on the replaced rear. I believe the fittings that go into the wheel cylinders and the line diameters are the same however I would go with new lines rather than try to use the old lines. Even if they are not that old the cost is but nothing compared to the cost after experiencing a brake failure. If your "old" lines are stainless They will be 5 times harder to rebend to a new contour.

If you can locate a pontiac rear end from the early 50's it has a brake line distributor block that is bolted to the rear end with hardware that function as as a breather as well and it works perfectly and looks stock and solved the problem of welding ugly brackets on your rear to mount a distributor block and ya still gotta figure out your breather set up..... Combine the two and solve both problems at once..dont it figure that you can solve a ford problem with a pontiac part. Now thats engineering!