http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...&category=7244

Now lets hear what you all gotta say!!!

Old 10-12-2004, 02:47 AM
On Vacation

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...&category=7244

Now lets hear what you all gotta say!!!

Old 10-12-2004, 05:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm always suspicious anytime the auction is restricted to pre-approved buyers. I'm sure if you email the seller, he'll tell you that the car is in Poland or France and that he will ship it over here at his cost, but you have to pay up front. I sent him an email asking if I could come take a look at the car in person. I'll let you know what he says.

Old 10-12-2004, 05:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

For $2700 I'll take as many as he has got.

Old 10-12-2004, 07:06 AM

Something tells me that may be a typo. But how about this ones "Buy it Now" price!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...493560206&rd=1

Old 10-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's a scam! Don't fall for it. This is about the fifth one of these that I've seen this year alone and it is always set up the same way. You have to be a pre-approved bidder, the price is way too low, and the "seller" always lives outside the country. What happens is that the "seller" aquires the information on the car and then steals someone elses Ebay account to list the sale. The "seller" will want money up front. Keep an eye out. I'll bet that Ebay will pull this listing before the day is out.

Old 10-12-2004, 09:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yep, eBay pulled it! Some people just deserve to be beaten silly ....

Mike M

Old 10-12-2004, 02:58 PM
Suspended

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by satman:
Something tells me that may be a typo. But how about this ones "Buy it Now" price!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...493560206&rd=1 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The attention to detail on that car is incredible. I'm no expert on that type of restoration, but I'd ask that much for the car too.

Old 10-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's the response I got on the $2700 Judge:
---------------------------
Dear Customer,

In order to be pre-approved to buy please inform us if you ever purchased a high price item on eBay and let us know your Ebay user ID for additional verifications. We apologize for asking these questions but we had a lot of problems with non paying bidders in the past and we lost a lot of money in listing fees.

Our main center is located in Europe and we have recently opened new branches in US and Canada . We are trying to launch on the auto market by selling old cars at a promotional price. Our items and transactions are insured by Square Trade .

1970 PONTIAC GTO - 4spd, A/C. 3 year old restoration. Orginal rare and interesting color combo. Exceptional condition! Complete NON numbers matching 1970 WS Ram Air III motor. Freshly rebuilt Muncie 4spd.An excellent older restoration in excellent condition. Needs nothing Body frame chassis all excellent Mechanically correct and excellent Runs well Needs nothing, interior cosmetics all very good/excellent Priced below market for quick sale, no rust, minor dents. Great interior, no cuts, no scratches..just clean it will be perfect...with a minor restoration you will have a perfect car..., tires changed...and cleaned....

The car will be shipped from Europe by DAS insured cargo.Free shipping costs. Will come with clear title, bill of sale.

We asked eBay to end the auction because of high number of demands for our car. Because of your non-negative record on eBay we are currently processing your request to be pre-approved for :.

1970 PONTIAC GTO - Item # 2494003656- US $2700 BUY IT NOW

If your request will obtain a positive answer you will be informed by our Customer Department during the next hours. We already contact Ebay about a possible transaction and you Will receive an email from Ebay Safety Board.