WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 1993-02 Firebird/Trans Am Owners > 1993-02 Firebird/Trans Ams FOR SALE/WANTED

1993-02 Firebird/Trans Ams FOR SALE/WANTED Firebirds for sale

Old 12-10-2014, 07:52 AM

Default Nice 1995 Formula Convertible in Rare Color

I bought this car with the intention of keeping it a long time, but job situation changes everything. If the price seems a bit high, then perhaps I subconsciously plan on keeping it and sleeping in it when I can no longer afford rent!

This 1995 Firebird Formula convertible is very original and is one of 37 to be delivered in Medium Dark Purple Metallic (a sort of plum purple). It took me five years to find a nice one, and I've owned it for just three years... it is well-documented with 88,845 original miles and has had one (technically two -- it was traded to a dealer) older (now in her '60s) businesswoman owner before me who maintained it through the former San Diego Pontiac dealership.

It is of course straight, rust free, and extremely clean inside and out, including the trunk and under the hood. Original Cambria cloth top is also excellent condition. Optional Performance Rear Axle and grey leather... LT-1 runs strong and clean, trans shift right, and everything works well including ice cold A/C. Clean CA title and just passed smog, and comes with window sticker, brochure, boot covers for top in bag, etc.

Very stock and original, although there has been some paint work -- the original owner and her husband installed a set of Firestone Firehawks, and the two front ones blew on trip to Arizona this year, taking out the driver's fender and the bottom of the passenger's, so fenders and paint are freshly new back to the rear quarters, courtesy of the insurance company. Plenty of photos both before and after damage and new paint. Paint matches great and looks nice.

I'm asking $7600 on CL ( http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...798687112.html right now), but looking to get as close to $7,000 as possible. May seem a bit high, but alternatives seem to be 60,000-mile ones in predictable colors for $10,000-plus, or beaters for $4,500. You likely won't find another --- as near as I can tell, only three ended up in California, two from out of state including this one (originally delivered to AZ with CA smog equipment), and I only saw six MDPM Formula convertibles nationally over the five years I searched to find one. Two were salvage cars.

Pics pending until I can find a host... but check out CL ad in meantime. And thanks for checking it out.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:16 PM

New photo link: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...812581544.html
Old 12-28-2014, 07:59 AM

New photo link: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...822204044.html
Old 01-06-2015, 10:36 AM

Thats not a bad price. Its a rare car. I have a real nice 95 formy convert in red with a six speed, one owner and just over 100k and I paid 3800 for mine. Offer it in the spring. GLWS
1977 Macho Trans Am #17 (Mid Resto)
1995 Firebird Formula Convertible M6
And a parts car or two
Old 01-06-2015, 10:26 PM

Thanks, Ken. There are some great buys out there and congrats on the red Formula... hope you're enjoying it. I certainly wish I could keep mine and use it more, but I'm in an "economic transition period" right now, you might say, but I hope to drive it up the coast later in the week.

BTW, I have a closet full top-to-bottom with old magazine tests and brochures... I'm quite sure I have an old test of the Macho T/A somewhere.. maybe Hot Rod.. if not Motor Trend? If you don't have it, let me know and I'd be happy to take some pics the next time I'm going through them. I've had to throw away a ton of old Motor Trends and Hot Rods, though.

I'm sure you also have the brochure... didn't I see it on one of the Trans Am sites...?
Old 01-09-2015, 04:18 PM

My teenage boys love the 95 Formy. It's down right now due a bad water pump.

Funny thing is I don't any articles on the Macho cars. I use to have the brochure but I cannot fimd it anymore.

I have a thread on the car over at Trans Am Country, that is probaby where you saw it.
1977 Macho Trans Am #17 (Mid Resto)
1995 Firebird Formula Convertible M6
And a parts car or two
Old 01-10-2015, 12:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess you sold your car? The links to it are bad.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:21 AM

Yes, I added a few more pics to the CL ad. And price has been reduced. Here's the newest link: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...866596568.html

While I did start driving it again, I'm guessing the car will be going back into long-term storage up north again, especially if my job picks up.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:43 AM

Yes, I added a few more pics to the CL ad. And price has been reduced. Here's the newest link: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...878157195.html
While I did start driving it again, I'm guessing the car will be going back into long-term storage up north again, especially if my job picks up.