73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 10-08-2023, 08:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to Flashflood Send a message via MSN to Flashflood Send a message via Yahoo to Flashflood
Default Running straight back headers 350 olds

Been awhile since I've been on this board but, hear I am. I pulled the 350 olds and t350 trans and got them both rebuilt now with them back in place I'm going to run some straight back headers. We'll I'm running into a problem with them bumping up against the support brace and thoughts or help on trying to get these to fit nicely? Manga flow headers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20231008_123324.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	621298  

Old 10-08-2023, 11:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hard to understand where the issue is. The passengers side is on but the drivers side won't fit? You might have to raise the engine to get it to bolt up. It's not uncommon to have to massage a tube or 2 with a BFH. What vehicle are the headers for? I don't see MagnaFlow having headers for a 350 Olds.

Old 10-08-2023, 11:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to Flashflood Send a message via MSN to Flashflood Send a message via Yahoo to Flashflood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrookie View Post
Hard to understand where the issue is. The passengers side is on but the drivers side won't fit? You might have to raise the engine to get it to bolt up. It's not uncommon to have to massage a tube or 2 with a BFH. What vehicle are the headers for? I don't see MagnaFlow having headers for a 350 Olds.
Sorry about the confusion I haven't bolted them on yet just have them lined up at least on the passenger side.Your probably right with massaging them but I haven't gone that far yet. The headers are for a 77 lemans that was built for high altitude so it has a 350 oldsmobile in it. My bad the Flowmasters not magnaflows.

Old 10-08-2023, 11:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Gotcha. I don't think Flowmaster, or really anyone makes headers for these colonnades though. I had great luck with Hedman headers from a 2nd gen bird fitting like a glove, but your 350 Olds is a different animal. Hopefully you can get them bolted up with minimal massaging. Was it a stock style rebuild on the engine?