Industry Stuff new repro's, updates, other info.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Senior Chief

Default 1979-81 Firebird rear disk brake caliper fittings

Any chance of getting a repro of the 1979-81 Firebird rear disk brake caliper fittings? The ones that go between the hard brake line and the caliper. They're just machined brass, but since nobody makes them, you can't buy seem to buy them without buying a whole rear end.

Maybe not high volume, but I bet one of your suppliers like Inline Tube or Fine Lines or Right Stuff could CNC up a bunch of them from a sample. I'd pay $35-$50 for a set.

1978 WS6 W72 4 Speed Trans Am - Martinique Blue on Light Blue - Fire Am Restification Project
1972 4-Speed 455 HO Trans Am - Original Cameo White on Blue car - Restoration Project
Old 04-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I believe I have an original set in the garage. I converted mine to rubber lines. Kind of like the ones in the front. Alot easier to work with. If you really need them, let me know. Ill look for them...

Old 04-29-2007, 02:21 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche400
I believe I have an original set in the garage. I converted mine to rubber lines. Kind of like the ones in the front. Alot easier to work with. If you really need them, let me know. Ill look for them...
Absolutely, if you have a set, I'm interested. Please let me know if you can find them. I'd be much obliged.

1978 WS6 W72 4 Speed Trans Am - Martinique Blue on Light Blue - Fire Am Restification Project
1972 4-Speed 455 HO Trans Am - Original Cameo White on Blue car - Restoration Project
Old 05-04-2007, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche400
I converted mine to rubber lines. Kind of like the ones in the front. Alot easier to work with.
I was just thinking about doing that myself tonight as I removed the left caliper. Wouldn't have to open it up if a flex hose were on it. What'd you use for a rubber hose?

'05 Springer Classic
'07 Solstice GXP, wife's car