Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 10-31-2012, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

TCPGlobal mixes the Parchment paint in either acrylic enamel or lacquer.
On their website they have the actual color chip pages.

Parchment is listed as a color. Ditzler code DL 8360.

TCP brand enamel is $29.95
Delstar is 97.75.
TCP brand lacquer 44.95
Duuracryl lacquer 117.80

All prices are for quarts.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Went an bought the Krylon Almond paint today as well as a couple of other whites. Removed seat backs and bolsters. Checked the back side to see what the original color looked like (the side we see had been repainted once). The back sides were a little dirty but you could definitely see the color. I noticed that there is not much gloss at all. It appears to almost be flat. I also checked the door tops that had been sprayed before. They were a little "brighter" than the soft trim door panels.

I sprayed 2 whites that were a little too bright. The Almond is very close and hard to see any difference other than the paint was a little more "shiny" because it was still wet. Anxious to see what it looks like when dry. The Almond is a satin finish and a much cheaper alternative for touch ups.

The Ditzler codes should be the most accurate but as you know it can vary depending how accurately it is mixed and how it is applied.

Mark C

Old 11-03-2012, 06:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Kepp us updated with what you found.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:50 PM

Dupount dealers can mix it also and it's spot on.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 11-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good timing on this post. I am doing some metal touch up on my 65 and found the Krylon almond to also be a economical paint. Seems to match pretty close like Mark mentioned.

63 Lemans Race Car- 8.81 @ 151, 5.60 @ 123(SOLD)

67 Bonneville ragtop

74 Firebird - 455, e heads, TK0600 in process
Old 11-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well for me the Krylon Satin Almond was as close a match as one could possibly hope for in a store bought spray can. Finished the job today and if you did not know what parts I painted you could not tell a difference from the ones I did not paint.

My wife spends a lot of time with interior decorating matching colors/paints etc... She could not tell any difference.

If I really wanted to possibly "see" a difference I would say the Almond might have a very slight tan tint, but I think it is more psychological because of the name.

Mark C