Industry Stuff new repro's, updates, other info.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Senior Chief

Default who is actually manufacturing the repro, 1966 am/fm radios?

I have seen a few different people selling the new repro '66 gto am/fm radio
who is making them? has anyone bought and installed one yet??? what is the lowest price out there for one. it seems it would be cheaper to buy one of these repros than having my '67 am/fm radio restored and converted to mordern electronics? and just save my 67 am/fm

Old 03-19-2007, 03:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to 6tee7goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottrodd
I have seen a few different people selling the new repro '66 gto am/fm radio
who is making them? has anyone bought and installed one yet??? what is the lowest price out there for one. it seems it would be cheaper to buy one of these repros than having my '67 am/fm radio restored and converted to mordern electronics? and just save my 67 am/fm
I don't know who manufacturers them but there is a thread in the '66/'67 GTO, Tempest & LeMans Tech Forum with someone who purchased one. They also posted pics. with the unit installed. I've only seen them on E-bay.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:48 PM

May I recommend you reading this post on FGF-board?

http://firstgenfirebird.org/ubb/ubbt...page=0&fpart=1

The manufacturer of these new repro radios with correct looking shell is ANTIQUE AUTOMOBILE RADIO, INC. (short AAR Inc.) in Palm Harbor, Florida:

http://www.antiqueautomobileradio.com

In the above mentioned post I have included some pics of my new 68 Firebird/Camaro radio (in fact it´s - still - the Camaro version but it´s similar to the Firebird radio except the knobs that I´ll have to change. These knobs have been part of the above mentioned post, too...).

When you read the complete topic you will see that I have purchased the radio at ebay from one of the authorized vendors - at this time NOT recognizing that there´s only ONE source/manufacturer behind these radios - but you can order it at AAR Inc., too. The latter one has the advantage that you know a fixed price...

But you surely could contact the ebay vendor outside the ebay forum, too. His store´s name is "Mike Hagan Antique Auto Radio", 235 Glouster Road, Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania 19030, (215) 547-7145. He´s a very helpful guy.

So far the radio looks - simply said - perfect! But I still have to install it. Because of business reasons until now I had no chance to do so...

Best regards

Thomas