Performance Parts For Sale/Wanted Just Performance, non-stock, trailers, tools and related accessories here.

Old 09-20-2017, 06:20 PM

Default WTB - Stroker Short block

I'm looking to put together a stroker short block, something along the lines of a 461 or 467. So, I just thought I would throw this out there before I started a new build. Just in case someone is planning an upgrade to an aftermarket block and is looking to move their old one. I'm not in any hurry, it's something I plan to start over the winter. I'd consider 3" or 3.25" mains with a 4.250 stroke. This is just going to be a street build, so nothing too crazy. You can reply here or PM me, if you have or know of anything. Thanks.

'61 Tempest wagon 2Dr, '05 GTO LS2 powered, 12.39 @ 109 mph at Drag week 2015 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsVRzMXERtA

'64 Grand Prix, Pump gas, 529ci., CV-1 Heads, Holley Dominator EFI. - Single turbo in progress..

'70 Trans Am, Ram Air III 400 - 4 speed.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't know your budget. Looks like you are only about a 5 hour drive from Len Williams. Haven't bought from him. But he has a good rep.

http://lenwilliamsautomachine.com/455_Short_Block.html

Old 09-21-2017, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyakr View Post
Don't know your budget. Looks like you are only about a 5 hour drive from Len Williams. Haven't bought from him. But he has a good rep.

http://lenwilliamsautomachine.com/455_Short_Block.html
Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind.

'61 Tempest wagon 2Dr, '05 GTO LS2 powered, 12.39 @ 109 mph at Drag week 2015 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsVRzMXERtA

'64 Grand Prix, Pump gas, 529ci., CV-1 Heads, Holley Dominator EFI. - Single turbo in progress..

Old 09-27-2017, 10:43 PM

Sending you a pm.

Old 09-28-2017, 03:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have one. And its a good one. Dan Whittmores last engine. Its a 73 400 std bore block. Filled to the bottom of the pump holes, it had a torque plate torqued down for MONTHS while it cured on each side. Splayed billet Pro Gram caps, front one included. All the Cap fit, line bore finished. ARP studs. Rotating assembly, Eagle cast 4.25 crank. This crank has been cut .10-.10 and thrust polished. It was not "perfect" new, so Dan made it perfect.
PPR (RPM) 6.8 billet rods with ARP 2000 bolts (1000 HP rated) Butler Ross 4.155 flat tops with Classic File fit rings.
Its all balanced by Dan Whittmore. Block has been cleaned and brass freeze plugs installed.
Dan died before he could bore and deck it. That is all it needs.
I asked Dan about a forged crank and he said " it wont make you any faster". He thought the cast crank was more than OK for 600+ HP. It spins perfectly in the block, work is top notch.
I hate to sell it, waited for so many years. His last engine.
3500 $ I also have one of his custom ground solid roller pump gas cams. And Crower roller lifters. Both new Crowers. Cam is .663, .270-.275 @ .050. It will make 600+ HP with ease with a good set of heads 500$ for both. I also have some KRE High Ports up at SD. They are 80ccs which will give you 10.75 CR for pump gas. They have had seats and guides done by Dave and have Ferra 6000 valves. I am waiting for Dave to give me a number on what I owe him so I can get them back and sell. Or he can finish them and I can go from there. I will give you a good price on them, but need to hear from Dave.
There is one other member in front of you who wants it all, but I have not heard from him in awhile so you could be in luck. Engine by Dan and heads by Dave is a nice combo. I also have a Victor up at SD with the clover leaf removed.
Let me know, getting ready to pull the trigger on selling this stuff.
BTW, I though I was PMing you but I will just leave it here.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
I have one. And its a good one. Dan Whittmores last engine. Its a 73 400 std bore block. Filled to the bottom of the pump holes, it had a torque plate torqued down for MONTHS while it cured on each side. Splayed billet Pro Gram caps, front one included. All the Cap fit, line bore finished. ARP studs. Rotating assembly, Eagle cast 4.25 crank. This crank has been cut .10-.10 and thrust polished. It was not "perfect" new, so Dan made it perfect.
PPR (RPM) 6.8 billet rods with ARP 2000 bolts (1000 HP rated) Butler Ross 4.155 flat tops with Classic File fit rings.
Its all balanced by Dan Whittmore. Block has been cleaned and brass freeze plugs installed.
Dan died before he could bore and deck it. That is all it needs.
I asked Dan about a forged crank and he said " it wont make you any faster". He thought the cast crank was more than OK for 600+ HP. It spins perfectly in the block, work is top notch.
I hate to sell it, waited for so many years. His last engine.
3500 $ I also have one of his custom ground solid roller pump gas cams. And Crower roller lifters. Both new Crowers. Cam is .663, .270-.275 @ .050. It will make 600+ HP with ease with a good set of heads 500$ for both. I also have some KRE High Ports up at SD. They are 80ccs which will give you 10.75 CR for pump gas. They have had seats and guides done by Dave and have Ferra 6000 valves. I am waiting for Dave to give me a number on what I owe him so I can get them back and sell. Or he can finish them and I can go from there. I will give you a good price on them, but need to hear from Dave.
There is one other member in front of you who wants it all, but I have not heard from him in awhile so you could be in luck. Engine by Dan and heads by Dave is a nice combo. I also have a Victor up at SD with the clover leaf removed.
Let me know, getting ready to pull the trigger on selling this stuff.
BTW, I though I was PMing you but I will just leave it here.
Thanks for the offer, a lot of nice stuff there. But, I'm just looking to build a mild street combo to go in a daily driver, somewhere in the 500 hp range. So, that's a little more than what I was looking for. But, thanks anyway. Kelvin