Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 10-26-2017, 10:45 PM
Senior Chief

Default Legendary 👍👍👍👍

Legendary 👍👍👍👍

Old 10-26-2017, 11:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Have to save this thread

Old 10-27-2017, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
Same panel just a little fancier in the Lemans/GTO. I have the GTO ones to go in my Tempest Custom cause nobody will ever notice it’s basically just the placement of the pleats. I can’t get a straight answer on whether it’s supposed to have carpet on the bottom but I think it looks better without so I’m gonna leave it off!
Did you get those panels from Ames? And were they Legendary or PUI? Like you, I don't care about the originality, just the fit.

Old 10-29-2017, 10:32 AM

Does anyone have experience or knowledge about carpet kits from SMS Fabrics?

Old 10-29-2017, 10:58 AM
Senior Chief

Does anyone do leather for a reasonable price? Also does anyone do the sport seats for the Pontiac? I think the back seat is different, but I really like the bolsters on the factory seat frame and will look for this on my 70 lemans convertible. Did not confirm but was told Chevelle back seat is the same as the Lemans / GTO Convertible??? If buying the foam and covers labor should be the same so only increase is a different product.
http://www.tmiproducts.com/chevy/bro....html?cat=4821

Old 10-30-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul E View Post
Does anyone do leather for a reasonable price? Also does anyone do the sport seats for the Pontiac? I think the back seat is different, but I really like the bolsters on the factory seat frame and will look for this on my 70 lemans convertible. Did not confirm but was told Chevelle back seat is the same as the Lemans / GTO Convertible??? If buying the foam and covers labor should be the same so only increase is a different product.
http://www.tmiproducts.com/chevy/bro....html?cat=4821
Legendary Auto Interiors has a large bolster cover/bun option they call their "Rallye" seats. They make the pontiac covers (better quality than TMI also). I've installed a few.

These look really nice and do feel good to sit in- but a couple things to note- The special buns they have are really stiff- if you are tall your head will be in the headliner and your knees may be up against the bottom of the steering wheel.

two- the seats won't lean forward very well due to the larger side and bottom bolster.

There is no "large bolster" back seat available on the market today, only the stock style covers.
If you want bolstering added to a back seat, you'll need to find an upholstery shop that can sew listings onto the back of the covers and then modify the back seat cushion to have attaching points, and add extra padding in those areas for extra definition.

Old 10-30-2017, 04:44 PM

here is a Pair of 68 Olds Cutlass buckets I did with the Legendary "Rallye" large bolster buns & covers earlier this year.

I like these better than the TMI ones as even though the bolsters are still quite a bit larger than stock- but visually don't look as exaggerated as the tmi's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17796470_1257762604320321_5646870408394695873_n.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	466519  

Old 10-30-2017, 09:20 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks for the information, picture and function information for folding seat and firm cushion. I will check if they also do leather and want to put a heated system in also for a few extra weeks in Wisconsin of driving with the top down.
Paul