67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 09-26-2016, 10:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Is this a correct 69 deluxe interior?

The previous owner had the interior redone, new seat covers, carpet, headliner. Door panels and dash are still all original (I have a new OER dash pad ready to go in).

I just want to be sure the seat cover pattern, inserts, etc. are correct for a 69 deluxe interior? 218 is my interior code on the invoice. Here is what the window sticker says:

Old 09-27-2016, 12:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=92GTA;5635457I have a new OER dash pad ready to go in [/QUOTE]

Do not put the OER dash pad in. Have the original recovered. The OER is junk and after a short while you'll wish kept the original. Everyone has problems with it.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That's not good, Firebird Central said theirs was great :/ I already tossed to box since it look pretty good to me.

Crap, guess I'll keep the original aside then and see how the OER works out.

Normally I know OER is **** but I didn't know it was OER brand until it showed up in an OER box.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Your deluxe interior seat covers look just like what is in my 69. The part of the seat cover you sit on should be comfort weave, and it appears that yours are.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Awesome, that's great to hear. Thanks allot for the confirmation!

Now I need to get those seat belts out, cleaned, and dyed.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:35 PM
Suspended

I didn't read the entire post but there is a quick wat to know if the door panels are correct. The delux door panels use a different window regulator. The reg. stub is longer & it will stick out about 3/4" more then the std. reg. The door panels are that much thicker & require a different reg for delx. interior.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:48 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexs73gto View Post
The reg. stub is longer & it will stick out about 3/4" more then the std. reg.
1/4" more.

Old 09-28-2016, 04:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

For the record, the original comfort weave material has a pattern that is unique. The replacement comfort weave material on the reproduction seat covers is a close match, but not exact. When I look at your seats, they look a little bit like they may have been custom sewn by someone and the person who sewed them may have used something that is neither the original comfortweave, nor what the reproduction covers utilize as comfortweave. I can't tell for certain about your comfortweave because the photos are too far away. What I can see is the seat covers are sewn just a wee bit different than what I would normally expect to see on reproduction covers. It could simply be the way they are stuffed.

I went to great lengths to find original comfortweave material for sale about 15 years ago. Pretty hard to find today. Unless you are really picky, the repro covers are pretty nice as well. Your's look very nice to me as well.

OJ

Old 09-28-2016, 04:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good info, thanks! I know nothing about interior materials from this time period. I'm really glad to hear that mine look like they were well done.

Once I get everything cleaned and detailed I'll take some much better pictures.

The car was originally silver and the red in the door jams from a repaint along the way is really bothering me lol.

Old 09-28-2016, 05:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92GTA View Post
Awesome, that's great to hear. Thanks allot for the confirmation!

Now I need to get those seat belts out, cleaned, and dyed.
I noticed your seat belts. It's been a long time since I did mine, but IF I remember correctly, I took mine to the car wash, sprayed them with engine degreaser. scrubbed them with a brush and hit them with the high water pressure. I know I didn't need to have mine redyed.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool, I'll try a really deep cleaning then.

It has been a CA car since birth and the UV here is stronger than hell tho, so they still may need to be died. But I'll for sure give it a try!