WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 Exterior Tech

04-06 Exterior Tech SAP stuff, styling, hoods, and spoilers oh my!

Old 03-16-2006, 02:55 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff R
OK, I did it.
That looks 100% better Jeff. Nice job!
Old 03-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBLER
It's weird, I like the looks from the rear but not the front or side. Cool though man, I guess if you're keeping it for awhile might as well fill them but I'd leave the plugs for awhile just to be sure.
I know what you mean. I really like the look from the rear angles, but from the front & side something's just not quite "right"...or I should say "not what I want". So far the shops I've checked around here (pretty limited since I live in BFE) want more than I'm willing to spend to fill the holes in...cheapest one said $600. The wife and kids don't like the spoilerless look at all. And I think that if I'm going to shell out the cash at a body shop I'd rather spend it on fitting and painting an after-market spoiler like the AP. I still haven't seen the AP spoiler on a yellow car, but a big plus is that it uses the stock holes. I'm still torn...plus I can't afford a body shop right now. We'll see...
Old 03-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I want to say NikiV spent like 350 to have his filled, but that is an extreme guess as it was awhile ago. Here is the AP car as it was last Summer, I assume this is the same spoiler.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AP Yellow.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	46191  
Old 03-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Senior Chief

Default Back to stock for now

Well, I put my spoiler back on the other day. I do like the spoilerless look a lot, and even though I did a good job painting the plugs I just didn't like seeing those little bumps on the trunk...made me think rice. We're trying to save every penny right now (going to Hawaii for 3 weeks this summer, woohoo!), so I've got no funds for body work or a different spoiler. I do like that AP spoiler on yellow though. I may eventually go with that unless something better comes along.