Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:01 AM

You might want to ask the guys on Dragcoverage.com, there are a lot of local drag racers on there.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOADED 70 JUDGE View Post
you work right down the street from my house. I live at the end of Higgins rd which is off Rangeline. I know several people who work at that chemical co. Anyway lets just say that I had some less than stellar work done there. Dewey did his best to correct the problems
I work at the Mitsubishi polysilicon plant, just behind what used to be called Degussa.

What exactly was the problem with the motor? Bad machine work, or did they assembly the motor for you and mess something up?
I'm having the block bored, align honed, and the rotating assy balanced. Going to assembly it myself

66 GTO, 495, M22, Strange S-60 w/4.10
Sold new at Ace Wilson's Royal Pontiac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUHC-Z8xhtg
Old 01-22-2016, 10:24 AM

things may have changed because he did not have any way to balance rotating assembly when my engine was there a little over a year ago. That's where my biggest problem came, when I installed motor he built and assembled it was badly out of balance. I do not want to bash Dewey because I like him. My last comment on him, a friend works for the city of Mobile maintenance dept and he told me that he was off their list because of bad experiences. If Dewey himself does the work on your parts I would not worry about it but if one of the other knuckleheads do it I would worry a little. Please don't tell Dewey what we talked about but he is 74 years old and probably needs to give it up.Good luck on your build.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No, I won't say anything to Dewey. I don't really know him, except for talking to him when I dropped the parts off. Seems like a nice man.
I agree with the knucklehead statement, I was a little uneasy about them doing the work. Hopefully it will turn out ok.

Wish there was more machine shop options in our area

66 GTO, 495, M22, Strange S-60 w/4.10
Sold new at Ace Wilson's Royal Pontiac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUHC-Z8xhtg
Old 03-12-2016, 09:26 AM

Default Project cars

Any of you fellow Alabamians know of any Judge project cars? Or a GTO convertible project? I've been searching for a while know. Not too much luck. Any help or Leeds to a buy I'll pay a finders fee guys. Thanks

Old 09-16-2016, 10:33 PM

Until 2 weeks ago lived in Colbert Co AL on Pickwick Lake, wife went to ALabama! RTR

Old 03-11-2017, 08:05 PM
Senior Chief

Default Piedmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jones View Post
Who is from Alabama or has an Alabama connection?

I live in Pleasant Grove, about 15 minutes west of Birmingham.
Checking in from Piedmont, Alabama. New member here

Old 03-11-2017, 11:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Northern AL, close to TN.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:51 PM
Senior Chief

Huntsville, AL.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:09 AM

Born and raised in Huntsville and get home at least once a month. but now I get to talk trash face to face to all the DAWG fans here in Atlanta. RTR!!! Didn't know there was so much collective Pontiac experience so near!

Old 03-01-2018, 09:34 AM

Grew up in Clay, AL. About 25 minutes North of Birmingham.
I now live in Graysville, AL, which is right outside of Birmingham.
I race at Lassiter Mountain Dragway and Alabama International Dragway in Steele.

1980 Trans Am - Street/Strip 462
Best: 7.08@95 with 1.49 60' in the 1/8th. 11.17@119.8 in the 1/4. N/A, 3700 lbs, 3.42's, Pump Gas.

Admin of Pure Pontiac Powered Outlaws on Facebook.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:16 PM

Checking in from Dothan, Military last 37 years. Going to retire next year and finally put sown some roots!

Old 07-26-2018, 09:45 PM

Checking in from around Montgomery. I grew up in north Alabama in the Tuscumbia area.

Alabama
Old 07-27-2018, 09:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good to see a number of people responding here in AL. Good to know more contacts.

Anyone needing parts, a car inspected before buying, or needs help in the area, feel free to contact me. I will help any way I can.

I also have a friend who builds engines and has raced Pontiacs for many years. He retired from running Machine shop. I will be glad to refer you to him if you need a engine built.

Good Luck with your Pontiacs.

thepontiacman@yahoo.com

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Are you saying an R & R Speed and Machine Shop guy retired?

Old 08-06-2018, 06:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default answer question HIS

My friend used to run a Machine shop in Talladega and then ran one for a company near the Nascar Track here.
Anyone needing to get in touch with him, just email me.

thepontiacman@yahoo.com

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Last edited by thepontiacman; 10-26-2022 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepontiacman View Post
My friend used to run a Machine shop in Talladega and then ran one for a company near the Nascar Track here.
Anyone needing to get in touch with him, just email me.

thepontiacman@yahoo.com
Does he do full machine work, including boring, honing with torque plate, line boring, etc?

1980 Trans Am - Street/Strip 462
Best: 7.08@95 with 1.49 60' in the 1/8th. 11.17@119.8 in the 1/4. N/A, 3700 lbs, 3.42's, Pump Gas.

Admin of Pure Pontiac Powered Outlaws on Facebook.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

He bores blocks and hones but doesn't have a torque plate for Pontiac. He has machine shop do line boring, turn cranks. Has shop do balance work. He degrees cams. Then assembles engines.

He has bracket raced Pontiac since mid 70's. Now runs Butler E-heads and match ported Victor intake.

email me if anyone needs help.

thepontiacman@yahoo.com