Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 02-02-2018, 07:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Leon Dixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy421 View Post
As someone suggested, you could join POCI (Pontiac Oakland Club International). They have a monthly magazine called "Smoke Signals" with a "Lost and Found" section for people looking for their old cars. You could place an ad there with the VIN. It's a long shot, but you might get lucky. The VIN is probably somewhere in your documents or on the Protect-O-Plate. If you see something that starts with 24267, that's the VIN.

There is another club, GTOAA (GTO Association of America) that also has a monthly magazine called "The Legend" that you could place an ad in (no lost and found section but there is a "cars wanted" section).

People all over the world belong to these clubs, and many members of local clubs also belong to these clubs. so you should get a fair amount of exposure. Membership doesn't cost much, and the ads might even be free, so it's worth a shot.

Both magazines also have ads for cars for sale, so even if you never find your old car, you might find a similar one you may want to buy.
Thanks. i have now posted what I think is the VIN number off of my Protect-O-Plate.

Although I have not been a member in many years I am aware of POCI and their publication. I come from a family of Pontiac lovers. I still have pics of me with my dad's 1947 Pontiac (purchased new) and others. My dad bought many Pontiacs over his life and I also owned a 1956 Safari with factory air and others in addition to my 1968 GTO convertible.

Thanks for the information.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrainer View Post
Isn't the number is right on the top of the card above your name? 242XXXX...
Thanks, Here is the number:

242678P161938

Old 08-19-2018, 08:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Privacy Laws, I'm sure can hinder your search. You may have to pay a Private Investigator or if you know a friendly Police Officer, you could give him your VIN and he could run it and see if its registered in any state. Every Police car has a Laptop , and could check in seconds, since they do it for every traffic stop.

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
Bill Nye.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:09 AM

My Brother bought a Mayfair Convertible out of Fort Wayne IN in 1971. I just went and looked at the picture. it did not have a Hood Tach or the special mirrors. Good Luck

Old 12-05-2018, 08:34 PM
Senior Chief

Great story, I hope you can find your car. You have the vin number that is a great start. My dad bought his GTO when he got back from Viet Nam, and then they stole it, parked right in front of his house in Brooklyn. But he has no paper work or vin number. Good Luck with your search.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I live just north of Detroit. I have had a few 68 GTO convertibles. Sometimes around 2004 I parted out a mayfair maize 68 with black top and interior, Still have the rear axle out of the car somewhere. Had no mirrors on the doors when I got it. Do not remember if there were holes on passenger side door for mirrors. Car came out of Clarkston Mi area. Frame rot and body was pretty rough. Do not think I have the vin anywhere, but i will look. I have a stack of registrations from cars i've parted.

76 GP LJ 400 4BBL T400
78 Chevy 1/2 Ton Truck
Oh yea I love my wife very much
For some reason it got erased when I put it here last time!!!!!! hmmmmmmmm
Old 02-18-2019, 06:41 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Dixon View Post
Thanks, Here is the number:

242678P161938
Hard to see the hood tach in this view

Search of your VIN on Google provided links to other searches you have tried only...

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2014/0...ter-i-sold-it/

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2013/0...urs-delegance/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LEE1968GTO001.jpg
Views:	961
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	505969  

Old 06-11-2020, 04:53 PM

Default Still Looking For My 1968 GTO convertible...

I had Milt Schornack and the guys at Ace Wilson's Royal Pontiac do a "Bobcat" treatment on my GTO, but I never installed the mylar Bobcat stickers or the window decal (yes, you got a special window decal). I saved all this stuff along with one of the sets of "Royal" license plate frames.

Here is a photo of my window decal, a Bobcat mylar sticker, a Royal license plate frame and a Royal Pontiac business card. Yes, I was a regular customer. All I need now is my GTO back again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GTORoyalsouvinirs.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	542225  

The Following User Says Thank You to Leon Dixon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2020, 11:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is some very cool memorabilia right there Leon. Good luck with your search.