Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Old 11-12-2018, 04:10 PM

Default H.O.'s& Ram Air' s valued the same as regular GTO's

Just curious when did a project car lower the value of a HighOutput or H.O. or Ram Air III? To non existant value or the same price as a "Regular" GTO,because I keep hearing a lot of stupid ass comments like it's a project! Well last time I checked rare cars are still rare cars. Especially when they have matching equipment or date code correct parts. I don't care who thinks what. You damn sure won't buy my Relics for the price of a run of the mill GTO. You greedy monopolizing enthusiast can kiss it. Lastly trade value is different from cash value! Tired of all the clowns on this forum talking like gods gift to Cars! Screw off if you don't like my articles my prices or my cars. Piss off.

Old 11-12-2018, 04:31 PM

Stuff is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it.
Why you so mad?
My goat was special ordered by a woman who kept it for 41 years.
Fully loaded with bench seat w/ fold down center armrest.
In was offered 1,000 bucks and a set of buckets for the seat.
I have completely restored it bumper to bumper and have double what it is worth into it.
I paid stupid money for it because it is a parts matching Ca. Fremont built TH400 on the tree instead of the run of the mill strippie 4 speed bondoed rust buckets like I had looked at for over a year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO 21.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	497615  

Old 11-12-2018, 05:18 PM

Cool

Well every time I've tried to sale or Trade anything on this site. I mean anything! Someone mysteriously comments on the item in a negative way. Curiously they are always a SENIOR-CHIEF on this site. Well I noticed how All the rare Ponchos are all owned by the same few people. Well let's just say if you own a rare car. You'd like top dollar. It is the TOP spot right? Why is the man at the top of our Hobby of car enthusiast. Ever gonna Negatively comment on there own brand????? Like saying a True Ram Air body or H.O. HighOutput car. Is worth less money because it's in Primer as suppose to a run of the mill GTO fully restored. Is worth a fortune? False. As a car restoration shop. I'm not supposed to say sir it's gonna cost you 30k to restore a 67 GTO no matter what. But if your 67 is a regular GTO it'll never be worth what you put into it. A Top optioned car will be worth more and hold it's value stronger on the market. It's a special car high optioned Premium packaged . However you want to put it. At the end of the day the guys at the top are picking off the guys at the bottom. If a guy bashes your car on here. The entire Pontiac world looks! So it decreases your cars value on here. Leaving a vulnerable seller at a disadvantage and the buyer at a advantage. He knows you've lowered the car with circumstances pending. Makes you a LOW offer which,you take. Because of circumstances. The guy at the top now has purchased how many RARE relic project cars???? See my point and my anger? This is a business to us working men. Who happen to love Pontiac. I wasn't fathered in because my dad worked in the dealership or front office. I'm here because my Pop built Excitment. So do I and I want Fair VALUE just like the rest!

Old 11-12-2018, 06:13 PM

I would just ignore them and offer your stuff up, if no takers then off to Ebay.
I was a lifetime member and moderator on the GTO forum until a spammer paid for vendor status.
I dared to comment and asked the admins to remove me as a mod since spam is now allowed if you pay.
They banned me from the site completely and didn't return my lifetime membership fee.
I cannot post or even read now, completely shadow banned.
Now this spammer is advertising drills at Walmart and other assorted non GTO related crap in violation of their own TOS that they themselves asked me to enforce.
It's all about the money and the beginning of the end for that forum once a few more spammers get "vendor" status and load up the front page with that garbage.
There are a handful of GTO guys there in the know and once they leave that site is done.
You can always go over to that forum and pay the vendor fee then anyone who even questions you will be banned.

Last edited by Goat Roper; 11-12-2018 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:42 PM

Default Exactly what ran off the true GOATS

Well I've had my dealings with spammers on here. That's for sure! I made some lifetime friends though. I hate the site has went to this but hey I guess Spam pays!? I'm still looking for the older GOATS! The ones who don't speak of what they got. They let you come to there Pasture. Deal eye to eye. I'm working on a site for enthusiast who aren't so money driven. But hobby driven.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

mgreen0104 - I noticed that you have a non-matching 69 RA3 GTO project for sale for $30k. I am not an expert, but I have owned my fair share of GTO's and a project like this is not worth anything close to $30k.

Don't take my word for this, check around on eBay and other sites and you will see that this is about a $5k car. At the height of the market, this project car wasn't worth $30k. A ram air III 69 without it's original engine is worth about as much as a base engine GTO with its original engine. It's just not that special.

Last edited by 1969 Ram Air; 11-14-2018 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:21 PM

Default Here we go

Don't care what the experts say. You can't build a 455 for 5000. So you dang sure can't have my 5000 car or my 2 dollar 455 motor! Or the 2000 dollar Vintage Heat/air unit!Lol you guys are funny. And I do have a date code correct 048 heads. If someone were serious they'd talk to the owner. Not just farting in the wind. Opinions are like assholes! Everyone has one! These pieces of junk aren't for sale. Read the article. Both are at the body shop people! Only one will get paint. The other is traded,sold or put back in storage. Buy restore sale trade repeat!

Old 11-14-2018, 06:12 PM

Here's my $2. PONTIAC "455" LOL. Maybe it'll keep up with a base 048 head Wt or WS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181108_105652.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	497802  

Old 11-15-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreen0104 View Post
I'm working on a site for enthusiast who aren't so money driven. But hobby driven.
Here is the deal on the "For the good of the hobby" scenario.
I was into the pinball hobby and I had a hard to find backglass for a Magic City game.
Well this person posted he needed this glass and I told him I have one and will package it and send it to him.
I even paid the 40 bucks for the shipping.
Once he received the backglass he put it up on Ebay and it sold for a little more than I paid to ship it.
After he was outed for doing so on the forum that was it for me.
This is why your idealistic idea will not work, there are always those who will take advantage.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:47 AM

Default The good of the hobby

I'm not against anyone buying cheap and making a profit. This is how I make a living also. My problem is when a stranger who wants your items. Comments because they want your items cheaper. Or let me bad mouth this rare car. So my buddy can buy it cheap. That's not for the good of anyone except a con man. Who are you helping by commenting on a complete strangers items? Did they ask for your onsite no! So all the senior pro Cons or excuse me Pure hobbyist bad mouthing. Just stop. This is why this website has taken a step backwards. Letting these not for the hobby people in.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I guess the same arguments can be made in reverse. How can we continue to keep our hobby going forward when people keep on demanding stupid prices on items? As soon as one uninformed individual purchases at a stupid price, it sets the market “ruining the hobby” for all of us. Maybe your kind is the problem, the profiteer? Not saying you are just throwing out the other side of the coin.
That being said, I thought the rule on this site was “ if your not the potential buyer or the seller, shut up” when it comes to classified sales??
Good luck.

236 244@ .050 108 LSA .511 lift, duration 289,297 @.oo6
Edelbrock Aluminum 87cc round port heads Larger valves ,ported polished and cut
Powerjection3,T2 manifold, Try-y’s
Flowcooler water pump.
71 formula with TKO600,hydraulic clutch 3.42 posi and 26 inch tire.
17x9 YO Honeycombs with Nitto 555's
Old 11-16-2018, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Mrgreen said "Both are at the body shop people! Only one will get paint."

I don't know anyone who is buying projects that are at the body shop.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:55 AM

Default Stupid prices

A stupid price is anyone willing to sale a car that completed is worth in value of upward 55-70k not a #1 car. So why would I take a fraction of what it is worth. Because you don't think it is. Well I tell you what anyone on this website know of a H.O. car with original 4speed and transmission with date code 670s for under 18k. Give me a call. I'll wait. Oh did I mention it runs and drives? Oh I forgot and it has a professional machined built 421 Stroker! Can anyone tell me the value of that motor please? Or better yet how much it cost to build it? Or better yet I have a 67 body I'd sale anyone for 2000. I have a WS 70 block 8d give you for 500 and show me you can take a 67 shell and just make it run and drive . Without spending 20k. I mean new brakes roota to the Toota! All new mechanical components! DON'T WORRY ILL WAIT! and lastly for all you know it alls. How many true 242 VIN H.O. 4speeds are out there. With that much original equipment? I could make my car a #1 car because it wasn't gutted to start with. Minus the interior! Now what would a concours #1 bring? Next what kind of car do you start with to build a #1? Most of you professionals don't have a clue. I'm good. Like I said in the article. They aren't for sale. Since I have to put a price. That was the price! I'm not hurting to sale. I'm good

Old 11-16-2018, 11:57 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Live by capitalism, die by capitalism I guess. If you think it’s fair that you can arbitrarily mark something up to and exorbitantly high price, I suppose it’s also fair for somebody to use whatever means necessary to get down to what they perceived is a fair price. Aka it’s only worth what somebody is willing to pay no more no less.

236 244@ .050 108 LSA .511 lift, duration 289,297 @.oo6
Edelbrock Aluminum 87cc round port heads Larger valves ,ported polished and cut
Powerjection3,T2 manifold, Try-y’s
Flowcooler water pump.
71 formula with TKO600,hydraulic clutch 3.42 posi and 26 inch tire.
17x9 YO Honeycombs with Nitto 555's
Old 11-16-2018, 12:06 PM

Default Story for reference

Just a quick story. Three car dealers go to a auction. One owns a Huge local Ford dealership, the other a Local Chevrolet dealership, and the last a local community car salesman. The two bigger car dealers decide we will push the cars up in the auction. Only to make the third car dealer who can only buy a lesser model car. Pay more money. Only the reverse is the Monopoly of car enthusiasts with money are driving down value. Of the pop and son shops. So they can reap the benefits of a higher value car for less! Now that sounds like a pyramid Scam.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pyramid scams? Don't get me started on Bernie Madoff.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What? If your feelings got hurt here, then go to Facebook and be sure to wear full body armor. I’ve learned more from people with views different than mine than I have from yes men that don’t have sufficient knowledge, but want to agree with someone who is strongly opinionated and acts like they know it all.

Have a beer and go eat some French fries.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=752594

Old 11-16-2018, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=747873

Old 11-16-2018, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=789610