Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 02-05-2021, 03:22 PM
Senior Chief

Default 2014 Ram Radio & Display Not Working

I have a 2014 Ram Diesel Dually that is not used much especially last year with the covid, it sits most of the time attached to my trailer waiting for me to take a car somewhere.

Last year while sitting in the drive way the truck was making a banging noise approx every minute.
Wound up coming from the center of the dash so I disconnected the batteries over night and when I reconnected the batteries the banging went away. Problem solved, so I thought.

Sometime at the end of 2020 I went to use the truck and both batteries were dead.
Installed 2 new batteries and thought everything was fine until I went to use the truck a month ago. While driving I went to put the radio on and it was not working, the center display was in operative as well. So the radio and blue tooth are not working. Truck does not have navigation.

So I checked the fuses and all are good, even the fuse under the hood by the pass side firewall is good.

If it don`t have points and a carburetor I`m lost, I need help with this one,
Anyone familiar with this issue?

Thanks KC

Old 02-05-2021, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Couple of quick things you can try. Your truck has a "media center U connect" radio. There were four versions in 2013-2014. On a battery change with screen issues. Try holding the volume and tune buttons in together for 5 seconds or so to re-boot the system. Then key off, open a door to remove retained accessory power and start it back up. If that doesn't work, most of the trucks those years have a hidden 20A entertainment fuse in the harness near the coolant plastic bottle. Worth checking that fuse if the system is completely dead. If those ideas don't work, if your comfortable PM me the full 17 digit VIN and I can check the Mopar diagnostic system for any specific bulletins for your VIN and any re-flash programming it may need. These newer vehicles can be pretty complicated with all the multiplexed systems .

Old 02-06-2021, 09:38 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Couple of quick things you can try. Your truck has a "media center U connect" radio. There were four versions in 2013-2014. On a battery change with screen issues. Try holding the volume and tune buttons in together for 5 seconds or so to re-boot the system. Then key off, open a door to remove retained accessory power and start it back up. If that doesn't work, most of the trucks those years have a hidden 20A entertainment fuse in the harness near the coolant plastic bottle. Worth checking that fuse if the system is completely dead. If those ideas don't work, if your comfortable PM me the full 17 digit VIN and I can check the Mopar diagnostic system for any specific bulletins for your VIN and any re-flash programming it may need. These newer vehicles can be pretty complicated with all the multiplexed systems .
Thanks for the reply;
I did try the 5 second radio knob re boot and the 20 amp fuse is by the pass side firewall and it`s good. I will send my vin#.
Thanks KC

Old 02-06-2021, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OK. I will run it first of the week for you.

Old 03-08-2021, 03:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Was curious if your issue was resolved. I hope so.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:06 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Was curious if your issue was resolved. I hope so.
Nope;

Have not even looked at it or used the truck yet.

Thanks KC