Old 01-04-2021, 11:46 AM
Senior Chief

Default 69 GTO invoice question

So I am looking at a PHS invoice and it shows a power antenna code 381 and a stereo radio code 388. However code 388 radio comes with a manual antenna. Code 389 is the same stereo radio with power antenna. Furthermore, information I have says you can only get the power antenna with the correct radio code either 383, 385, 389 which all come with power antenna.

Is the invoice wrong? Are there examples of a manual antenna radio being ordered with a power antenna seperately?

Thanks.

Old 01-04-2021, 12:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think you add 388 and 381 options to get 389, last numbers are added to get 389.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 01-04-2021, 12:54 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcronk View Post
So I am looking at a PHS invoice and it shows a power antenna code 381 and a stereo radio code 388. However code 388 radio comes with a manual antenna. Code 389 is the same stereo radio with power antenna. Furthermore, information I have says you can only get the power antenna with the correct radio code either 383, 385, 389 which all come with power antenna.

Is the invoice wrong? Are there examples of a manual antenna radio being ordered with a power antenna seperately?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepontiacman View Post
I think you add 388 and 381 options to get 389, last numbers are added to get 389.

I kind of see where you are going. I looked at information from PHS on how to read manifest codes and it descibes what you are saying when decoding manifest or billing history card prior to 1969. However for 1969 and later it says options are already decoded. Their example was a manifest code of 503 relates to order form code of 501 (power steering) and 502 (power brake). I am looking at a PHS invoice for a 1969 car that shows all the options not the history card or build sheet.

My thinking is that the invoice should have shown the correct Am-Fm stereo radio code of 389 and not list the power antenna as a seperate item. I found the code for power antenna but it has no price for it seperately and says it is only available with radio codes that include the power antenna. Somewhat confusing.

Thanks for your input.

Old 01-04-2021, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is what my Pontiac ordering information has.
Looks like they put each option on the phs/billing sheet.

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 01-04-2021, 02:02 PM
Senior Chief

I agree the ordering form shows the individual options that make up a group. In this case the power antenna 381 combined with the Am Fm stereo radio manual antenna 388 to make option 389. Which I would think should be what is shown on the PHS Invoice not listed seperately.

I have a poor copy of the PHS order form with the options highlighted and it has option 389 highlighted on order form. That is why I found it odd that they were listed seperately on the invoice. This appears to possibly been a zone car. Maybe it was done when invoice was created to ship car to selling dealer after zone use?