Old 02-24-2005, 02:35 PM
"Teacher

Send a message via MSN to

Since I got no bites on this one on Body Shop, I figure maybe you guys might know since it is specific to 1969 GTO/ LeMans. My question is, can the cowl section (including firewall,windshield pillars, etc.) from a 1970 Lemans or Tempest 4dr sedan work on a 1969 Lemans 2dr hdtp? I hope to use the bottom 6 or so inches of the pillars to replace the rusted out ones. Also, what about the window and trunk channels? Come on, guys, I'm counting on expert opinions before I launch into all that hard work.

Old 02-24-2005, 02:35 PM
"Teacher

Since I got no bites on this one on Body Shop, I figure maybe you guys might know since it is specific to 1969 GTO/ LeMans. My question is, can the cowl section (including firewall,windshield pillars, etc.) from a 1970 Lemans or Tempest 4dr sedan work on a 1969 Lemans 2dr hdtp? I hope to use the bottom 6 or so inches of the pillars to replace the rusted out ones. Also, what about the window and trunk channels? Come on, guys, I'm counting on expert opinions before I launch into all that hard work.

Old 02-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would think so, Have you tried doing a search on them?

Old 02-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to 1-GTO

The area around the window on the back of a 4-door car is different than a 2-door Hardtop or Post car so you have to be careful in that aspect.I'm not sure about the front on a 4-door car?I have a good '69 Custom_S, 2-door Hardtop (same as a LeMans) parts car but I live in Southeast Missouri.I would think you could find something closer to your area?

Old 02-25-2005, 04:54 PM
"Teacher

How much would you want for those parts? I may be able to cover shipping if they are cheap enough. Who knows? Maybe I would drive over and get them. What city are you in? I will respond on Sunday or tomorrow night.