Old 05-02-2007, 11:35 AM

Default 69 GTO convertible rear spoiler fitment

i have a 69 GTO convetible and i have bought a reproduction rear spoiler , the spoiler is for a convertible . should the tips of the wing touch the quarter panel when the trunk is closed or should the wing be 3/4 of an inch above the quarter panel when the trunk lid is closed ?? anybody have pictures of an origional convertible with an origional spoiler??

thanks Jim

Old 05-03-2007, 10:35 AM

I believe mine just touch. I will try and find a good picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00596.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	90252  

Old 05-03-2007, 02:16 PM

thanks for the pic , it gives me the will to keep working on mine , if you could when you have the car out this week end , take a couple of pics for me of that rear spoiler . thanks for the help so far...Jim

Old 05-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I recommend you read this thread about afermarket spoilers:

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...hlight=spoiler

I spent a lot of time getting my spoiler to fit well. When it was all done, mine sits about 1/8" off of the quarter.

Regards,
Bob Trimpe

Old 05-04-2007, 02:55 PM

THANKS fyrebird68 , i could not find this thread when i did a search , yes , i am running into the same issues . i bought this spoiler from the parts place . they claim that i am the first one to have this problem.... . i explained that the two legs are to long and do not fit , to tall etc..... . they said that they will look into this and call me back . that was three days ago . they
must be having a problem finding the answer to the problem . i guess i am stuck with what i got . at least i know that it can be made to fit . thanks for all the help..
it looks like the answer to my question is , keep the fin about 1/8 inch off or above the quarter

thanks guys for all the help