67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Rotella View Post
thews, I'm sorry, but I don't recall seeing that number spelled out anywhere. I'd be interested to learn where they found it.
Supposedly West Peterson (Editor of Antique Automobile) was given access to the data some time ago. The article used to be on the Hagerty web site, but isn't there anymore http://www.hagerty.com/lifestyle/hob....aspx?id=34640. It also breaks down convertible 350's at 2300.

In your book you state that 34 350 HO's had K96 Cruise control and 11 350HO's had V01 Heavy duty radiator. How did you get that data broken out by convertibles? Does the 350HO convertible number exist anywhere? Also, do the Canadian 69 Firebirds count towards the total 69 convertible production number of 11,657?

One last side note is that I have a 350HO WN engine that came out of Canada which also has a Chevy number stamped into the block along with the normal VIN. Have you ever heard of this before? If so, why would they do that?

Old 10-22-2016, 05:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There are lots of holes in the 1969 numbers. I don't know if we'll ever get any closer than we are today. The breakdowns were among a handful of totals I found at General Motors. And I went through everything they had available. I'm not sure why those were recorded and no others, but I suspect it was a portion of a report where other pages detailing other breakdowns are missing.

I don't have any reason to doubt that the Canadian cars were included in that total, but I don't recall 69 as that number. Was that one you received from GM of Canada?

I'm not sure why your 350 HO would have a Chevy VIN along your Firebird's VIN stamped into it, but I suspect it was an assembly line error.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

To those who have asked via PM or email about purchasing autographed copies directly from me, my shipment of (20) books arrived yesterday.

Anyone interested in that is welcome to PM or email me at jamesrotella@cox.net.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I received my copy and it's everything I'd ever want in a book - lots of pics, lots of info that's previously unpublished, and plenty of marketing bulletins signifying production changes. No, it's not a resto book for those of you pining for that, but it's a seminal book for an enthusiast's library.

Old 10-29-2016, 04:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post
I received my copy and it's everything I'd ever want in a book - lots of pics, lots of info that's previously unpublished, and plenty of marketing bulletins signifying production changes. No, it's not a resto book for those of you pining for that, but it's a seminal book for an enthusiast's library.
Agreed