Old 09-14-2019, 10:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not quite sure of the connection to the vapor cannister. It looks like it is a possible fuel or water line coming from the water crossover by where the top radiator hose exits the intake manifold. Maybe it's just a vacuum line.

Old 09-14-2019, 10:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac View Post
Not quite sure of the connection to the vapor cannister. It looks like it is a possible fuel or water line coming from the water crossover by where the top radiator hose exits the intake manifold. Maybe it's just a vacuum line.
No, that vacuum hose comes from the thermal vacuum switch mounted on the manifold. It’s part of the ‘72 TCS system.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MescaBug View Post
No, that vacuum hose comes from the thermal vacuum switch mounted on the manifold. It’s part of the ‘72 TCS system.

In that new picture it looks more like a vacuum line. My eyes ain't what they once were!

Old 09-15-2019, 07:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Successful break in so far. Rotated the engine 180, set the dist in with the rotor to number one wire, fired right away. Small oil leak at the oil pan/timing cover. Will fix with RTV, no big deal. I did a 10min run today at 2000rpm. Will fix the leak, do another 10min run and change the oil.

A huge thanks to all who helped me out. Those freeze plugs left on the heads would have been catastrophic.

Old 09-15-2019, 11:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Great news ! Congrats ! Looks real good ...

Old 09-22-2019, 05:03 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Successful break in so far. Rotated the engine 180, set the dist in with the rotor to number one wire, fired right away. Small oil leak at the oil pan/timing cover. Will fix with RTV, no big deal. I did a 10min run today at 2000rpm. Will fix the leak, do another 10min run and change the oil.

A huge thanks to all who helped me out. Those freeze plugs left on the heads would have been catastrophic.
Good to hear it worked out well. I think I have done the same thing. Will have to rotate dizzy 180 and see if that fixes it, tomorrow.

Old 09-22-2019, 06:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I did a 10min run today at 2000rpm. .
Is this the only time this motor has run from a brand new build with the flat tappet cam you showed in the pics?