Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

I have been taking suggestions for next years Pontiac Heaven and Musclecar Heaven events scheduled here in Phoenix for April 2 and 3.
I am asking, respectfully, that ONLY those who have attended any of my events to reply. This question is for those who have either raced with us, attended in any capacity, or are contemplating doing so this April.
One suggestion that has come up for the bracket racing portion of the event is having “buy backs” for those who are entered in the money classes and go out in the first and/or second rounds. I have never participated or offered this “buy back” option before but, my understanding is that if a person who gets beat in the first or maybe even the second round can “buy themselves back” into the eliminator. This gives them a second chance at the money. The “Buy Back” money goes into the pot for the winners.
I have mixed feelings about this option.
I have been told this is very popular with bracket racers as it increases the prize money and I can see that side of it. Also, it gives the person who went out early another chance for the money and trophy.
On the other hand, my roots go to a more traditional side of Drag Racing when you loose, you are out. Period As an example, there are always cars ( drivers) who are better than the others. By chance, if this guy gets beat, he is done and the rest can “fight for themselves” so to speak. If he has a buy back option, the toughest guy could get back in, giving him another chance.
I am requesting feedback from anyone who has attended any of my events ( racers, show, swap or spectator all apply here) to help me decide which way to go on this decision.
I will still have a gambler bracket as I have had in the past.
My goal, as it has always been, is to provide all attendees a fun, fair, friendly and competitive event to enjoy.
Again please, respectfully, only those who have ever attended any of my events reply as they are the ones this applies to.
thank you,
Steve Barcak www.pontiacheaven.org

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 12-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

I have been taking suggestions for next years Pontiac Heaven and Musclecar Heaven events scheduled here in Phoenix for April 2 and 3.
I am asking, respectfully, that ONLY those who have attended any of my events to reply. This question is for those who have either raced with us, attended in any capacity, or are contemplating doing so this April.
One suggestion that has come up for the bracket racing portion of the event is having “buy backs” for those who are entered in the money classes and go out in the first and/or second rounds. I have never participated or offered this “buy back” option before but, my understanding is that if a person who gets beat in the first or maybe even the second round can “buy themselves back” into the eliminator. This gives them a second chance at the money. The “Buy Back” money goes into the pot for the winners.
I have mixed feelings about this option.
I have been told this is very popular with bracket racers as it increases the prize money and I can see that side of it. Also, it gives the person who went out early another chance for the money and trophy.
On the other hand, my roots go to a more traditional side of Drag Racing when you loose, you are out. Period As an example, there are always cars ( drivers) who are better than the others. By chance, if this guy gets beat, he is done and the rest can “fight for themselves” so to speak. If he has a buy back option, the toughest guy could get back in, giving him another chance.
I am requesting feedback from anyone who has attended any of my events ( racers, show, swap or spectator all apply here) to help me decide which way to go on this decision.
I will still have a gambler bracket as I have had in the past.
My goal, as it has always been, is to provide all attendees a fun, fair, friendly and competitive event to enjoy.
Again please, respectfully, only those who have ever attended any of my events reply as they are the ones this applies to.
thank you,
Steve Barcak www.pontiacheaven.org

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11