Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-19-2004, 07:55 PM

Steve, if someone loses first round let them have their own consolation race. Do not let second round losers race in the consolation race. Our track in Albuquerque has buy backs for first round losers only. The bad thing is when you pay half your entry fee to get back in the race they don't put any of that money into the pot. It goes into the pocket of the track manager who also owns the track. If you have a consolation race you need to decide if you are going to pay out for first, second, third? My thoughts would be to pay the winner 100 percent of the money. I would also like for you to follow all NHRA and track rules at your race. No exceptions! And a drivers meeting.

Old 12-19-2004, 09:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Steve,
I agree that a loser should not be able to buy back into the race. Our track has buy backs but I won't buy back in if I lose. Would it be fair to the winner if you lost in the first round? I don't think so! I would, however, buy into a losers bracket. I did lose in the second round this summer when my engine wouldn't start, in the staging lanes, because I neglected to charge the battery after the first round. I was offered a buy back, but declined just because it isn't fair to the driver that I was to run.
Although I haven't been to your race, it's one of the races that I want to attend after I retire, and I thought I should express my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

64 GTO, tube chassis w/606" IA tall deck, PG & a pro geared Fab 9". 2750 lbs.
8.2550@164.17-1/4, 5.2901@131.97-1/8, 1.1981-60-ft. 8/10/08