Old 03-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Gator, yes I was at Gainesville. Had a great time, that was the first show with our LeMans.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Does that car have a BOOMERSHINE dealer plate on the trunklid? Are you in Atlanta?
The car was originally purchased at Boomershine in Atlanta. When Jim Wangers looked at the window sticker last summer and saw air conditioning, power steering, power brakes, automatic, wire wheel covers, power antenna, remote mirror, etc. he commented that the car must have been ordered by a woman! It was kept by the original woman owner from Griffin, GA for almost 20 years which probably helps account for it's condition.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Boneske View Post
Keeping the car as is--unrestored--is the right decision if you enjoy the car as it is and want to keep it. If you are going to sell the car, I can't picture a situation where an unrestored original will fetch as much money as a properly restored GTO. This especially pertains to the engine compartment and interior.

Unrestored originals are nice, but they don't win at car shows and don't sell for as much as properly restored cars. Just watch Barrett Jackson or Mecum auctions to confirm what I've said.

The obvious exception is an original that actually looks like it the day it came off the assembly line. For a GTO, the car would have to have been shrink wrapped when it was new.
It won't sell for as much..(debatable?) but you won't have as much invested in it either so it's a wash. Why go through the trouble and expense of restoring a car that you are 100% planning to sell? If you're going to sell it anyway, I'd say keep it original for the owner who wants an original.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 151007 View Post
The car was originally purchased at Boomershine in Atlanta. When Jim Wangers looked at the window sticker last summer and saw air conditioning, power steering, power brakes, automatic, wire wheel covers, power antenna, remote mirror, etc. he commented that the car must have been ordered by a woman! It was kept by the original woman owner from Griffin, GA for almost 20 years which probably helps account for it's condition.
My '68 came from Boomershine and it too was kept by the original owner for many years. He sold it when he was in his early 80's, or so I'm told. He sold it to his mechanic who started tearing it apart.
My '66 came from the other big Pontiac dealer back in those days, Taber.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think the voters have concluded that you need to keep it original and I vote the same way

Old 03-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Don't Touch It!

One heck of a nice Original 67! Anyone with time and money can restore/modify a classic 60's muscle car but only a few are fortunate enough to find, let alone own a car like you have! Restored cars are everywhere, but not factory original examples.

Take Note 67 GTO Owners - I mentioned many months ago on here about the round foam insulation around the water temp sending unit on 67's and no one had seen one. I have owned a couple 67's with this insulation and a closer look at this engine compartment shows one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06065.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	201258  

Old 03-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sstuff View Post
...Take Note 67 GTO Owners - I mentioned many months ago on here about the round foam insulation around the water temp sending unit on 67's and no one had seen one. I have owned a couple 67's with this insulation and a closer look at this engine compartment shows one.
Pretty cool on the foam - never have seen it on a California car (Fremont build). Wonder if it is something to do with cold temps back east? How about close up shots from both of you of the foam donut?

This is what always draws attention to survivor cars - being able to look back into that window from the past.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to baron_

Original

But do what makes you happy.

Don't restore it.

two ways it would get my attention at a car show
1. If it was original and had patina. I like looking at those cars
2. If it was highly modified in an interesting manner (tremec, etc = good)
So, either way I'd like it.

The only way it'd bore me was restored to stock original. It'd probably be sitting beside 5 others much like it

http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=618281
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ9KworCMRE
Old 04-02-2010, 11:35 PM

Everyone made me feel guilty for considering using this car for a resto-rod so I decided to see if there was any interest on Flea Bay! If there is no interest, I"ll probably pose the question as to whether it makes sense to refinish the radiator support and inner fenders the correct shade of black, and redo the RF fender and hood in lacquer. (Have a source for some Montego Cream lacquer.)

Old 04-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Chris,you are right. All 67's should have this if in concours judging.My friend Terry is a 67 judge at GTOQAA ands Tech advisor.His original car had this feature and he actually reproduced them,but as I recall,couldn't get them completely original looking.I think part of the problem was the correct foam-rubber cell structure,for one thing.I'll ask him if he still has any,I am curious now. Larry B.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Now,back to this fine car.It appears that it is now on eBay.Too lazy to look it up now!!

It is in Wisconsin,but I do not recall the town.Any help?? beautiful car.Larry B.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here you go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...;3AMESELX%3AIT

Old 04-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
You gotta make Larry work a little

Old 04-05-2010, 11:42 PM

Mods are for Tempests ... keep it real! Beauty, too.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I like the car-- a lot! Like others have posted, I like the originality of the car. HOWEVER, we are unlike most of the buyers out there. In my opinion, to bring the kind of money that you are wanting, the car needs a 'catch', ie it needs to be a 4 speed, an HO car, a more desirable color, etc. which your car isn't. It really limits your market to guys like us who appreciate it for what it is. (And most of us don't have the extra cash in this economy). But good luck with your sale. Hopefully the right guy will come along and pay you what you need for the car. It's a great piece!

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT