Old 09-04-2007, 09:24 PM

Default GTO clone need help with emblems

It's been a while since I've been back to the forum. You've helped a while ago, and I'm hoping maybe you can again. I'm doing a frame off on a 67 temptest convertible and changing it into GTO convertible. Trying very hard to get every detail correct on the conversion. It's been in the body shop for the past 5 months stripping, blasting, cuting and welding and its finally looking like a new body again.

Anyway, as the trunk deck, fenders and qtrs are either repaired or replaced, I have all solid skins an need help knowing where to drill for the various emblems around the car. I was hoping not to have to go by photos and guess. Does anyone have a good source on how I can find this info out? Each Qtr as a GTO emblem, as well as the trunk lid. I believe the front fenders are down in the rocker moldings. Any suggestions is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:29 AM
Suspended

assembly manual or body manual

Old 09-05-2007, 10:32 PM

Thanks. I have a bad copy of an assembly manual that's isn't very readable, but I found a body manual today that looks like the real thing. Thanks for the tip. I'll let you know how it works out.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob,
If you need me to, I'll make pics and measurements of my original that is in disassembly now. I have found that there are differances in the mounting holes so as not to be a EXACT science back in the day. As an example, take a look at the picture attached to show the vast differance of an original patch panel bolted to an original undamaged fender using the three mounting holes for the rear emlem!

Charles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4411 (Large).JPG
Views:	57
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	103916   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4414 (Large).JPG
Views:	53
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	103917  

Old 09-06-2007, 09:52 PM

Thanks for the offer Charles. Based on what I get in the body manual, I'll let you know if I need pictures and measurements. Thanks again...Bob.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I hope you have a different body manual than I do. I have a 1967 Fisher Body Service Manual. It shows the emblems, but nowhere does it give any measurements.