THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

test

Old 02-13-2015, 10:55 PM

Sounds like Chris is excited about the change.Hope it works out as well as he says?I have traded with both companies,& been happy with both.Both owners and staff have been a pleasure to deal with.Very straight up honest people with the best interest of the hobby in mind. But It's always been my opinion that competition is best thing for the consumer? Sure hope Chris is correct on possible better pricing? Or at least stable prices. I would like to personally wish Chris the very best in his new endeavors... ThankYou for all you have done for the hobby...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-13-2015, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was a little worried when I logged on and immediately got hit with a MAC OS X Server error, and then more confusion seeing the address bar started off with an Ames address -- but then found the letter from Chris which explained the merger.

Congratulations to Chris and everyone on the change.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've always liked both companies and now I can quit trying to keep tabs on which one I bought from last as I've always tried to spread it out between the two. Best of luck to you all!

Old 02-13-2015, 11:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well I have dealt with both @ Charlotte and Chris and his staff has always been really good to deal with as have the staff @ the Ames trailer which I have dealt with also. There have been times when Ames had something in stock that Chris didn't have with him at the time.
This sounds like a win-win for the Pontiac community as a whole as both have had quality products and have been upfront about any known problems or fitments issues.
I look forward to seeing this move forward and wish everyone involved complete success.

A poor man has poor ways.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:47 PM

Good news to hear and look forward to the new streamlined system. Any further details on the updated versions of the exhaust manifolds, such as when they should be available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lust4speed View Post
I was a little worried when I logged on and immediately got hit with a MAC OS X Server error, and then more confusion seeing the address bar started off with an Ames address -- but then found the letter from Chris which explained the merger.

Congratulations to Chris and everyone on the change.
sidenote: I get the same thing on my Samsung Note 2 with any PY pages that I had bookmarked. It says "Mac OS X Server file not found!" I hope when the update is complete, all the bookmarks will be usable again. I had a lot of info saved for reference in the bookmarks.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sometimes less is more. Sometimes less is less. Let's hope in this case it is the former.

Congratulations on what must be a positive financial deal for PY. We all hope this is a less is more transaction for the hobby, and I wish both teams good luck on the integration of the companies. Go Pontiac....

Old 02-14-2015, 12:52 AM

Congratulations Chris, Kevin and Don- I hope everything turns out as planned
Kurt

Old 02-14-2015, 12:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So how do you access the site from a windows computer? I can get it on my iPad, but on my windows based computer I get the same Mac OS Server error mentioned previously. Help.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

By the way, I got that error message also and decided to try the homepage instead. When it took me to APE, my first thought was that some suspended forum member had hacked the site and thought it would be funny to re-direct PY customers to Ames.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:02 AM

Use this link for windows-

http://216.178.81.108/forums/

Old 02-14-2015, 01:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Zimmerman View Post
Use this link for windows-

http://216.178.81.108/forums/
Sort of jacked up, but that did the job. Thanks.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I wonder how many members will give up. I mean, you have to get here to get that link, so ? The search engines don't help....

Old 02-14-2015, 01:33 AM
Senior Chief

can i still use part numbers from py book to order parts?

Old 02-14-2015, 01:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

reminds me of not to long ago a Pontiac magizine folded and HOTROD was cramed down our necks.
I bought from AMES before I knew of PY, but with all the info I was getting on the PY forums, I like many others decided to be loyal to PY and I liked dealing with Paul Spotts. It seemed more familyish to me.............what ever, right.........

Old 02-14-2015, 02:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

As others have mentioned, some attention should be given to making the forums work as they did before. I think 80% of the users aren't going to be able to track down this new IP-based address.

Old 02-14-2015, 03:28 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris65LeMans View Post
As others have mentioned, some attention should be given to making the forums work as they did before. I think 80% of the users aren't going to be able to track down this new IP-based address.

It will just take some time for the URL to propagate, once DNS refreshes with most major ISP's if there is a re-direct it will work. I found us again because David Holmberg posted the IP address in the Facebook group. (See, Facebook is good for something!)

I'm just glad the forums will remain, I was afraid they were purged after the merger.

1970 GTO Judge
RA-III, 4-SPD & A/C. Power Windows, Power Seat, Power Brakes, Steering, AM/FM, 8-Track, Formula Wheel, Rallye Gauges, Remote Mirror, Numbers Matching. Assembled at Pontiac, MI Plant 5/26/1970.

1968 GTO
461 CI, RA-III heads, Hotchkis springs, UMI suspension, Bilstein shocks, 12-bolt 3.73's.

1966 GTO Ragtop
4-Speed, AM/FM, Original driveline.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I know what this *feels* like, but I do believe I will let someone else say it first. Regardless, best to everyone, business is business.

Old 02-14-2015, 05:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened View Post
I hope when the update is complete, all the bookmarks will be usable again. I had a lot of info saved for reference in the bookmarks.
Unfortunately the URL of the PY Forums had to change. So the bookmarks won't work exactly as is. In order to make your bookmarks work again, you will have to replace "performanceyears" with "maxperformanceinc" in the link (URL).

Here's an example:
If you bookmarked the Porting Push Rod Bulge thread in the Street section, the URL looks like this:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=766482

So all you need to do is replace performanceyears with maxperformanceinc, like this:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=766482

It's tedious, I know. But for some threads, you know it will be worth it.

Also, the new official URL of the PY Forums is:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums

Tell your friends!!

Steve

Old 02-14-2015, 05:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Excellent Chris - Steve,thanks for saving the forum.
Best of luck on movin' on up.
Also guy's just PM all your friends the new URL..