THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Default **BIG NEWS for the Pontiac Hobby**

A lot of the long time members have read many of my thoughts about the future of our hobby. Some great times are still ahead for all but for how long we all have at least considered. Well that all depends on all of us! The days of business as usual and the days of 'hobby as usual' need to be carefully analyzed. I've been encouraging that our hobby come together since the inception of the PY forums back in 1991. Our original and still current slogan is 'bringing the Pontiac Hobby together'.

There's become too much fragmentation in our hobby. For years the hobby was growing so much, the fragmentation didn't really hurt us. Because of places like the PY Forums bringing people together, because there is power in numbers, the hobby has flourished. Who would have imagined that you can practically build an entire car with the parts now available. Who imagined that street cars would be comfortably running in the 10's! Who imagined car gatherings would eclipse 50,000 at not just one location but multiple locations around the country. Well it all happened and continues to happen.

But with all of this success, there comes a realization that our hobby might be growing at the pace we've been accustomed to. Maybe there are just TOO many events competing for car owners time. Maybe just a few too many businesses have jumped on the bandwagon to try and steal a piece of the pie and make a quick buck. So yours truly, as well as Kevin and Don at Ames, are putting our money where my mouth is. Yours truly is going to practice what I preach.

Effective immediately, we're proud to announce that Ames and PY have teamed up to be the largest and now the only exclusive classic Pontiac parts supplier in the Nation. This new event will have a powerful, positive effect on our hobby as we move to the future. By combining resources, service levels go up, buying power goes up, focus increases and costs come down. That equals a better buying experience for all of you.

Now I know what you are all thinking as hopefully you're now grabbing some popcorn and a beer while reading this. (Well maybe that's not a good idea if you are in a car. Well maybe it's a terrible idea if you are driving! Ok, so pull off the road and read on.) Maybe you're thinking this is just a clever way for Chris to sell out and ride off into the sunset somewhere? Well hold on there Budweiser breath. That couldn't be further from the truth. While Ames will continue what they do REALLY well (directly support the retail Pontiac customer), I will be heading up the newly formed Max Performance Group (btw, proudly named after my first grandson) whose purpose is to create new and better products for retailers like Ames so we can enjoy the cars we love even more.

Up until now, PY has always tried to burn the candle at both ends. We've been a catalog retailer, a Pontiac Forums community leader and quietly behind the scenes have been responsible for hundreds of reproduction parts for the Pontiac market. The reality is that you know what happens when you try to do to much. Sometimes you do neither of what you do as well as you'd like. Well that's exactly what happened with PY. I looked at our wholesale operations that now include our automotive Locks, Pontiac Wholesale, Snappin Turtle and Pypes product lines and realized one commonality. They all service dealer networks. So it is a natural progression to channel all our resources to make these product lines better for our customers.

Take a look as we hit the ground running! Below are some new projects that PY is working on bringing to market in 2015.

67-68 GTO/LEMANS DELUXE WHEEL

71-72 GTO/GP CUSTOM SPORT WHEEL

67 STEERING WHEEL SPOKE SET

A better quality version of the Ram Air manifolds at a 30% reduction in retail price

A brand new high end performance stock appearing aluminum radiator line called Cold Case(tm) that's going to save owners an average of 20-40% over the big boys.

And this is just the beginning! Dozens of accessories for the Late Model GTO, G8 and TA owners are coming.

We're also beefing up our inventory levels. Better inventory levels mean less backorder frustrations for our dealers and ultimately you!

Many of the products we already make are getting upgraded and improved this year. We are committed to quality products at a fair price.

And guess what. That also frees us up for some extra time to give some TLC to the very first Pontiac Forum to exist on the internet. The PY Forums! And oh by the way, we now have added the resources of Ames to our community. Kevin and Don over at Ames have signed on to be the major sponsor of the forums for the next 4 years. That's some pretty good stuff!

It's a win win for everyone!

So what can you do to help keep our hobby alive and well? Support us both in our new ventures! Also, Join in! Participate on the forums. Join and actively participate in the GTOAA and POCI. Stop whining and complaining about what you don't like and start doing something about what you don't like. If everyone just does a little bit, it's WAY better than a few people that have to do a LOT.

Moving Forward:

FAQ

1. As part of our continued effort to provide you with our best customer service, we've provided Ames with all your buying history. For more information, expect a follow up from Ames very soon. This follow up should answer all of your questions.

2. >From now on, to order Pontiac parts, please call AMES at 1-800-421-2637. All PY phone numbers (267-638-3500 and 1-800-542-7278(PART) will be re-routed to Ames' New Hampshire location.

3. All PY emails will be deactivated as all retail activity will transfer to the New Hampshire facility as it is much better staffed to handle your needs.

4. To place an online order, please go to www.amesperf.com/PY_Letter.html Their online ordering system is pretty darn good and they've committed to adding some of the features our PY customers have always enjoyed.

5. The PY Online Forums remains literally unchanged. No new owners. It's still Ccass's site. The only real change...but it’s a big one, is that we’re proud to announce Ames Performance as its main title sponsor!

6. PY has supplied the Ames staff with most of the information needed for them to know all about you! They are ready to process any open orders or ongoing activities that exist or might arise. And if they can't help you, we’re still here! We'll be behind the scenes but will support them as needed.

7. The PY Trailer WILL be at both Charlotte and Carlisle loaded with inventory this Spring. Chris and Kevin will be available to take your order or just catch up! Since the Englishtown show is smaller, Ames will be setup in the RH and RG spaces where PY has always been. Wait until you see Ames' new trailer! Wow!

We will see you at the shows!

Chris Casperson (Ccass)

Last edited by eric_cspan; 02-13-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Holy cow. That's huge!

Old 02-13-2015, 06:10 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to 1968firebird455

Big news Chris. It sounds like a deal that would benefit both parties as well as the Pontiac Community. I am looking forward to seeing the new high quality products PY will offer up in the future.

I knew something was up a couple months back when I saw a facebook post by Ames taking about 'their new 1969 GTO trunk lid', knowing full well the development you guys have put into it.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

WOW The bestest of both worlds!

Old 02-13-2015, 06:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had to check my calendar, I thought it might be April 1st.

I hope this is a win-win for everyone, businesses and customers alike.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is good news!

Hopefully I'll be able to use PayPal for my orders now!

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 02-13-2015, 06:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow! This will give Chris more time to develop neon colored drinks for Norwalk and to hunt down newly available (legally anyway!) Cuban cigars!

Seriously, sounds like a win-win.

What effect does this have on the PY show?

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 02-13-2015, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow! Sounds interesting Chris.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sounds great, one stop shopping, best to you all.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In business you need to see what is coming & either evolve or die. I'm sure this decision did not come easily, but you chose the best company to partner with - good for both of you!

Hopefully you will still host the show in Hatfield, and I would expect any outstanding gift certificates/balances will transfer to Ames.

Congratulations Chris (& your team) on your business's continued success!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 02-13-2015, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

BTW - this link works.

http://www.amesperf.com/html/PY_Letter.html

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 02-13-2015, 07:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hmmmm

Old 02-13-2015, 07:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I truly feel PY cares about us and the hobby, and I trust your business sense on this. Your communication with us members is awesome, and I applaud this move, as I agree fragmentation hurts as time moves on.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sounds good!

Old 02-13-2015, 08:05 PM

I also hope that the Hatfield Pontiac show continues, and curious if the showroom will remain open to buy products there rather than by phone, online, or waiting for an event Ames will be attending.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tell me more about Max Performance?

Gonna have Spotts all over it right?

Old 02-13-2015, 09:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Continued success and best wishes in the joint venture.
This forum is THE richest source of Pontiac knowledge anywhere. Good to hear it'll continue to thrive.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:52 PM
Senior Chief

Good luck,I hope it works well for all of you, Bruce.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats, that's pretty cool!

Old 02-13-2015, 10:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Exciting times. Excellent plan. Congratulations to all of you.