Old 12-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Suspended

Default MATCHING NUMBERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexs73gto View Post
Uncle , you didn't rear all the posts but you are completely wrong in the eyes of everyone. If it's been changed it's not numbers matching because in the statement itself NUMBERS MATCHING explains itself. That would be like saying I have this NOS part it's only been on for a short time but it still NOS. NO IT"S NOT. Numbers matching means just that. Plain & simple. Fact not fiction.
THE METALFINISHER TOLD ME A LONG TIME AGO UNLESS WE WERE STANDING AT THE END OF THE ASSEMBLY LINE FOR EVERY CAR MADE THAN OUR OPINION IS JUST A OPINION BECAUSE NOBODY REALLY KNOWS DID GM HAVE A PLAN YES THEY SURE DID WAS SAID PLAN IN A BOOK OR MANUAL YES IM SURE IT WAS BUT IT WAS A BUSINESS UNLESS IM WRONG THEY HAD A PLAN B TO AND COULD CARE LESS WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THE CAR LEFT THE LINE LET ALONE 45 YEARS LATER, SO IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW THE MEANING OF MATCHING NUMBERS ITS LIKE THE METALFINISHER TOLD ME. THE NUMBERS MATCH WHEN WHAT YOU HAVE IN YOUR WALLET MATCHES WHAT I WANT FOR THE CAR END OF DEBATE.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Suspended

Default NUMBERS MATCHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclesamscandy View Post
It might have the wrong coil (from NAPA) so send her to the crusher (just joking!) GREAT CAR! Enjoy!
I WAS JUST WANDERING IF ANY RAM IV CARS HAD A OIL CHANGE AND IF SO WAS THE USED OIL SAVED FOR FUTURE REFERENCE 45 YEARS LATER IT MUST BE ALONG WITH THE BRAKE FLUID AND COILS AND CARBS BE IN STORAGE @ THE PURISTSONIAN DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW YOU COULD GET A TOUR OF THAT PLACE

Old 12-05-2013, 02:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to kylek350

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio ps View Post
Is it really that dark. Somehow I imagined it to be lighter.
Yep, that's it. The car in the photo is Granada Gold (invoice paint code "Z"/body tag "58"). Who knows if the paint on that car is totally accurate or what affect the lighting has on how it appears in the photo. . .

Old 12-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Suspended

Default BAJA GOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylek350 View Post
Yep, that's it. The car in the photo is Granada Gold (invoice paint code "Z"/body tag "58"). Who knows if the paint on that car is totally accurate or what affect the lighting has on how it appears in the photo. . .
NICE COLOR BUT PALOMINO COPPER IS REAL NICE TO

Old 12-06-2013, 01:08 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well, she's home. Also have 2 NOS front fenders, 2 NOS rear 1/4 panels, front and rear valance panels and a NOS rear bumper...

1970 GTO Judge
RA-III, 4-SPD & A/C. Power Windows, Power Seat, Power Brakes, Steering, AM/FM, 8-Track, Formula Wheel, Rallye Gauges, Remote Mirror, Numbers Matching. Assembled at Pontiac, MI Plant 5/26/1970.

1968 GTO
461 CI, RA-III heads, Hotchkis springs, UMI suspension, Bilstein shocks, 12-bolt 3.73's.

1966 GTO Ragtop
4-Speed, AM/FM, Original driveline.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:22 AM
Senior Chief

Looks like you scored pretty good. Glad you were able to convince momma it was a "cant lose deal". I told my wife the same when I bougth my LeMans. That was an epic fail and I cant buy anymore cars now. Congrats and have fun.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:23 AM
Suspended

Default SHES HOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6TEE8GTO View Post
Well, she's home. Also have 2 NOS front fenders, 2 NOS rear 1/4 panels, front and rear valance panels and a NOS rear bumper...
WOW WITH ALL THOSE NOS PARTS SHE WILL BE BAJA GOLD IN NO TIME NICE SCORE

Old 12-06-2013, 01:24 AM
Suspended

As I said before it's a great car & with all those extra parts you got a great deal too.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well Done!!! I just loaded up those same parts yesterday to take to the body shop (except for the NOS rear bumper) Getting such a good price for that car, you're way ahead of the curve already. It took me another 2.5 years to gather all that stuff up for mine.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

A near perfect decklid and hard to find saddlewood dash in perfect condition were included in the sale price. The other items were optional and I decided to take them, figuring I can sell what I don't use. These are real GM parts and not Chinese repo stuff. The front fenders are specific to the 1970 GTO only so I felt it wise to grab them.

1970 GTO Judge
RA-III, 4-SPD & A/C. Power Windows, Power Seat, Power Brakes, Steering, AM/FM, 8-Track, Formula Wheel, Rallye Gauges, Remote Mirror, Numbers Matching. Assembled at Pontiac, MI Plant 5/26/1970.

1968 GTO
461 CI, RA-III heads, Hotchkis springs, UMI suspension, Bilstein shocks, 12-bolt 3.73's.

1966 GTO Ragtop
Old 12-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Senior Chief

Congrads on a great car and deal.Good luck

Old 12-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Senior Chief

Default The Judge has left the building...

It was nice to meet 6TEE8GTO last night, help load up quite the Christmas Judge haul, and make some new friends. Enjoy that car, and keep me in the loop! Thanks again.

The Following User Says Thank You to gtojon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtojon View Post
It was nice to meet 6TEE8GTO last night, help load up quite the Christmas Judge haul, and make some new friends. Enjoy that car, and keep me in the loop! Thanks again.
Was great to meet you and Mike and the other Mike. I felt comfortable with our dealings via email, phone and text and it was confirmed once we met face-to-face. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with you guys again Jon, and yes, always great to make new friends or "Pontiac Brothers" as I prefer to call them. I really want to see your Orbit Orange Judge when it's done, even under the clear plastic it looks awesome. If any of you guys ever want to come up to the dragstrip for some test and tune fun, please be my guest, we will treat you great.

Should anyone do a search on gtojon in the process of looking for parts, I wish to vouch for him and say you will be told accurate and straight-up fact with no bull****. Buy with confidence.

1970 GTO Judge

1968 GTO

1966 GTO Ragtop
The Following User Says Thank You to 6TEE8GTO For This Useful Post: