Old 09-13-2005, 11:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just another thought on the ** stripe box. A lot of times if the car didn't come with any options in that grouping, the box would have ** in it. Could mean stripe delete OR could mean we have a really big fish fry about to start here.

If Ransom or the current owner of his stripe delete car could give us (or one of us) the rest of the build sheet info of that car, it could help sort out this ** in the stripe box.

Jack has a good point about the window sticker since special paint was an extra cost option. Might could contact original dealer/seller of car and see if they have record of the car. Longshot, but what the heck.

STEVE, has this kind of stuff always jumped in your lap like this ? Or have you just been on a roll lately ? (J/K)

DOUG, I have emailed the owner of the Daytona Yellow 70 Judge, maybe he can help in some way also.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:15 AM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

As you can see there are * all over the sheet, Doug thinks it's one of the first built because of the date. That may well be true. So I suggested to him the codes may not have been set up in the system yet to explain all the *, but that's just for lack of a better answer. Also the two ** in box 44 under striped could have been for the up lwr paint but out of line, another guess. Your suggestion about finding the color is right on with mine.

As for the crazy deals finding me, I like it!!!

Old 09-14-2005, 05:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This build sheet may or may not have anything in common with Dougs car or relation to this thread. But here it is none-the-less. It's a Brown 69 Judge and has a lot of *'s on it. Seems like every plant had it's own way of doing build sheet info, some even used different forms all together. (arrgghhh)

Might need to break out a magnifier to see it good, or download it and blow it up/explode view. This car had the stripe/decal color pattern changed from the "standard recommendation" color pattern. This is one KILLER car, BTW !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69 judge sheet.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	27041  

Last edited by Baron Von Zeppelin; 09-14-2005 at 05:56 AM.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

BARON,I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT! ALL EXPRESSO BROWN CARS COME WITH THE OLIVE STRIPES STANDARD.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:08 PM
On Vacation

Part of the identification of the Judge is the stripes. To have a Judge without the stripes is to not have a Judge. I also don't think Pontiac would have gone through the complication of offering a package that was dependent on the stripes, only to have the option of the owner opting for their removal.

In most cases, when a non-RPO color was chosen, other colors of the GM palette were used. Of the GTOs I've seen with the **, this has always been the case, but any color was available.

Old 09-14-2005, 02:39 PM

GM does it now with some of it's vehicles, why wouldn't they do it in 1969-70?

Old 09-14-2005, 05:51 PM
On Vacation

GM does what now? Please give examples.

Old 09-14-2005, 06:00 PM
formerly Steved400

Spartan

Ransom posted the memo deleted build sheet. I agree they are an important part of the Judge package, but apparently you could delete them.

Old 09-14-2005, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMSU
GM does what now? Please give examples.
Emblem and decal delete on vehicles. I've special ordered trucks before for customers that didn't want anything on their tailgate. GM has a special RPO for "decal end gate delete" on trucks.

It's quite possible that something like stripes could've been deleted as all it required was not putting them on.

Old 09-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Had to upload from another computer. Here's the picture of the build sheet. As you can see, it was suppose to have the ORANGE stripes, but is marked on the bottom with the memo.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JudgeBuildSheet.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	27113  

Old 09-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

BVZ tosses another cold one over to Ransom, and pays for his next two lap dances.

I like the Brown with Parchment and Soft Ray glass combo, but the olive stripes are El-yucko with that set-up. Just my opinion, again. But thats the last stripe I would have thought would be standard on a brown car. My info shows olive stripes suggested only for Limelight Gr, Midnight Gr, Verdoro
Gr, and Mayfair ? They don't list Brown in the olive category, but info could be dated or incorrect?

Mostly I liked the fact that the Framingham build sheet spells out the stripe color useage. Very convenient.

"The Judge" package was such a bargain. Mainly I like the black-out grilles, spoiler and T-handle shifter. Never been a fan of the stripes, "The Judge" decals are okay. A lot of things came standard with the package - as we all already know. Not just a stripe or decal option like the 442 of the 80's were mostly.

Here is the PHS on the "special paint" Daytona Yellow 70 Judge I mentioned. It's a very well kept Original Paint - Ram IV / 4speed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	70 judge daytona.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	27154   Click image for larger version

Name:	Daytona 70 Judge.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	27155  

Last edited by Baron Von Zeppelin; 09-15-2005 at 01:02 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

did you happen to notice the change alert at the bottom of the PHS...what does that mean....mine has that also...and the * in the color area....and for the kicker suggested prices...why would some people rather have the "stereo" than the ramIV..just crying in my beer, here in Illinois.
Have we come to the consensus so far that I could paint this car any 1970 GM color, or is the jury still out?
As far as the stripe, no consensus...If '70's where ever produced with a '69 stripe this would have to be one that could have had it in my opinion. I posed this question because I'm an authentication nut, and when striping this car down to the bare metal 3 years ago(when they were not near as valuable)I came across remnants of a stripe in the '69 area of the door jam, or door. I should have stopped with the D.A. or the sandblaster(CRS)and taken a picture for all the world to debate...but I did not.
The original color of the car, I have a clue what family of colors...but that is all I will say...we don't get along. The next owner of this car(believe it or not there always is a next owner, even though we tell are self's not)may be a concours GTO nut that has been waiting for an oportunity to own a car that could be any color. The engine is correct minus carb dist. and alternator, and it is and always will be rust free.

Old 09-15-2005, 08:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

By the way, how do I post pictures. When I tried it came up with some script prompt thing.......

Old 09-15-2005, 09:01 AM
On Vacation

So that invoice is for a Judge?

For the naysayers like me, I am reminded of my friend's Judge. I once saw one of his cars at the Detroit Autorama before I was friend with him. His resto guy was telling me about his '70 Judge with the '69 spoiler. I thought, "Another BS artist" but later when I became friends with the owner and learned he was the owner of the Autorama car, he mentioned the spoiler. This time, my BS meter was shut off as I know he is a stand-up guy. He doesn't have pics, but I think he is in touch with the original owner. I still don't quite believe it, but I'm likely to believe an honest guy.

Of course, people can get things mixed up at times, so I can't believe it 100% without proof.

My point? I'm just created room for the possibility of the stripe issue.

Old 09-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Senior Chief

On the PHS Change Alert means----Some changes were made at the factory before going to the dealer. Maybe the dealer or buyer wanted to add or change options ?

Old 09-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

WHERE DID YOU READ OR HEAR THAT?? CHANGE ALERT MEANS THERES BEEN A CHANGE TO WHAT DEALER ITS BEING DELIVERED TOO.

Old 09-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

took awhile to figure out how to make the file smaller, hope it is readable when uploaded.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PHS 70 A.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	27211  

Old 09-15-2005, 10:15 AM
formerly Steved400

Doug has become one of us, those not afraid.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

here's the build
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	build.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	27214  

Old 09-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Senior Chief

I WAS IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A 1970 455HO WITH RAM AIR WITH A CHANGE ALERT ON THE PHS. THE CAR NEVER HAD AIR INLET ON THE PHS . (CHANGE ALERT)COULD HAVE BEEN A REQUEST FROM THE DEALER TO ADD ON THE RAM AIR SYSTEM ? AFTER A CONVERSATION WITH JIM MADDISON ABOUT THE CHANGE ALERT ON THE PHS , HE SAID THAT SOMEWHERE IN THE PROCESS OF SHIPPING THE CAR FROM THE FACTORY TO THE DEALER THERE WAS SOME KIND OF CHANGE.