Old 04-17-2018, 12:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Rear Quarter Patch Panel

Does anyone make a rear quarter patch panel for 70-71 GTO's?
I searched Goodmark, Dynacorn, etc and couldn't find one.
Thanks.

Old 04-17-2018, 04:42 PM
Senior Chief

Check opgi or Sherman - doing the quarter on my 68 lemans convert - been hating life for 2 weeks! Good luck.

I got my quarter off rock auto it was a Sherman part - called Sherman and asked about how rock auto can sell so cheap like did you make a thinner panel. The guy said nope same thickness just their volume. Shipping was like $20 more than quarter

1968 LeMans Convertible - 462 w hydo roller comp cam forged flat tops- 6x-4 heads- performer intake - 800 cfm QJ- edelbrock 110 gph mech fuel pump- 4 row copper rad- followed by a Th400 w/2300rpm stall then a nodular 10 bolt posi w 3:90 gears ( need 3:55 bad
Old 04-17-2018, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There is no quarter patch panel for 70-72's. The skins that are available are poorly stamped and do not have the correct contour where they meet the trunk drop offs.

Your best bet for a nice looking patch is to buy the full repro quarter and cut off what you need. I realize this isn't the cheapest way to get a patch but the end result will be way better than trying to use the skins.

I needed a patch for the passenger side of my car and found a distributor (Tamraz) that was willing to cut off what I needed from full quarter and mail me the patch...this save me a ton of money since I live in Canada and a full quarter would have to be shipped truck freight.

Of course I had to pay for the full quarter....

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...
Old 04-17-2018, 06:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thank you, I was afraid that that was what I was faced with; either that or try to find a donor quarter.