Old 01-02-2020, 03:40 PM

Default 1965 Catalina 2 door Sedan. Looking for pre made seat covers,

Hello PY,

I'm wanting to redo the seats in my Canadian 65 Laurentian post, same as Catalina. I Can get them sewn... but $100 an hour plus material makes it a foregone conclusion. This will not be a full on resto.

I see PUI makes an all vinyl 2 tone blue set for the "coupe", which would be the narrower coupe (HT) rear seat. Front would be perfect, just not the correct wider sedan rear seat. The HT or Coupe has rear side armrests. Sedan does not.

Does any company make a set for a 65 Catalina 2 door "Sedan"? I think the rear seat between the 4 door and 2 door sedans should be the same. I could put Biscayne/Bel Air covers in it as they do make that in a 2 door Sedan combo, but how dumb would that be in a Pontiac?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Images of the 65,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/782227...57697612055160

Old 01-02-2020, 10:36 PM

Default Interior

Just had a set made for my '63 2dr sedan by SMS Fabric in Oregon. Not cheap, long lead time, but they are stunning!

Old 01-03-2020, 01:34 PM

Thanks Ed.

Old 01-03-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc34 View Post
Hello PY,

I'm wanting to redo the seats in my Canadian 65 Laurentian post, same as Catalina. I Can get them sewn... but $100 an hour plus material makes it a foregone conclusion. This will not be a full on resto.

I see PUI makes an all vinyl 2 tone blue set for the "coupe", which would be the narrower coupe (HT) rear seat. Front would be perfect, just not the correct wider sedan rear seat. The HT or Coupe has rear side armrests. Sedan does not.

Does any company make a set for a 65 Catalina 2 door "Sedan"? I think the rear seat between the 4 door and 2 door sedans should be the same. I could put Biscayne/Bel Air covers in it as they do make that in a 2 door Sedan combo, but how dumb would that be in a Pontiac?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Images of the 65,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/782227...57697612055160
The 4 door seat bottom will be different, 4 doors have the corners of the bottom cushions cuvrved to allow passengers to get in and out of the doors, vs 2 dr back seats which are squared off- but i think you are on the right track-

Your best bet may be to get the front covers and the rear 4 door covers, and a few extra yards of matching vinyl (PUI will sell it, but you'll need a dealer to order it) then have your local shop just make the rear lower cover to match.

Will be a lot more cost effective then having them custom make them all.

Just be sure when you order the front cover it is not a 4-door front bench, sometimes those are different than a 2-door bench.

-Ben

Old 01-03-2020, 06:03 PM

Very true about the 4 door seat being rounded. And thanks for the suggestion about buying PUI vinyl.
I've since found a local shop just today that will sew new covers, and make them at least close to original looking. Fabric and vinyl. I've seen the samples and they look ok. They go in Monday to be done.
A bit of a savings owing to it being a slower time of year.
I'll post a shot of them when done. Here's the very tired original,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3712[4443].jpg
Views:	100
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	528111