Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Help on older TA's

Hi, I have an older TA that I have found has a non-original, however, correct year 455 motor in it. Is there any kind of carfax for older vehicles that would help me find out the details on this car? How does the fact that it is non original in the motor affect the overall value of the car. I am trying to figure out how original I want to keep this vehicle at the moment. The previous owner has done mild mods on it such as a new ignition system, headers, holley carb. I would contact the person I bought it from, however, I bought it 9 years ago and promptly found out we were having our first child. Thru the next 9 years we had three pre-term pregnancies(The last child came after her tubes had been tied!), a fire that destroyed our house, the third child almost died from meningitis at 4 months and the death of my father whom I had a family business with, so in the midst of all this I have lost any way of contacting the guy I originally purchased the car from to find out direct details...any help would be great!

Thanks
F Small

Old 06-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

For all available information on what your car was equipped with new, contact Pontiac Historical Services (PHS) http://www.phs-online.com/ Last I heard it costs $40.
It sounds like you have had a full plate. I'm glad to hear you never had to sell the car.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Senior Chief

There was a thread in the LOBBY recently that discussed the pros & cons of getting a PHS packet, and mentioned the price has gone up in the last two weeks. I can't recall how much it is now, but it is higher than $40.

Scroll back through the LOBBY titles, and I believe it has "PHS" in the title.
Might take a few pages to find it.

Turns out it was twelve pages deep.
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...=520951&page=2

Last edited by Tin Injun Tom; 06-17-2007 at 10:34 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:17 AM

Thanks for the input. I actually did get that packet before my fire. I have to sift through my old stuff and see if I was able to save that or not...

I was actually hoping that there might be a site that would help you look up the history of what happened to the car over the years. Carfax doesn't go that old last time I checked and I have not heard of any place that can give a detailed report for older cars that might tell if it was in an accident way back or the motor was replaced at the factory for one reason or another...

Thanks again

F Small