National Events Events that normally draw audiences from more than a 10 state range

Old 03-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Pure Stocks at the Co-Vention Drags

Hey Everyone,

The organizers of the PSMCDR have been asked to host/coordinate the Pure Stock portion of the Co-Vention drag race venue. This means that anyone that wants to drag race their pure stock car can do so for FREE, FREE, FREE!!!! This pertains to only the car and driver. Any guests or pit crew will be charged $10.00 each. This is an exhibition event, so there are no trophies or money to win, just the fun of tuning and driving your car to the best times possible. There will be time trials and a best 2 out of 3 race if there are enough cars, if not, you can grudge race any other pure stock car there. We are going to open it up to all makes (GM, Ford, AMC, Chrysler, Studebaker, etc.) that are allowed by the PSMCDR rules. This means any 'muscle car', or factory sleeper-type cars from 1955 to 1974 (pre-catalytic convertor) that came factory equipped with a 4-bbl carb and dual exhaust and conveyed a muscular image (I can't race my '71 4-dr Bonnie hdtp even though it has a 455 4-bbl, dual exhaust and saf-t-trak). We will be teching in cars to assure they are 'legal'. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

Essentially, for those that don't know, the cars need to be stock with all the correct casting numbers on the motor, carb, intake and exhaust manifolds, transmission and rear end. No hi-stall convertors, no different make rear ends (Ford 9" or Dana 60's), no headers or partial exhaust, no dealer made cars, no aluminum SD cars (all steel SD's OK), no wider than stock available tires, no sticky tires, and no custom paint jobs or non available colors. Remember, this race was created by guys tired of showing their restored muscle cars.

We want to encourage those of you who have never raced your car before, but always wanted to to come and join the fun. Everyone that was reluctant, or worried about embarassing themselves got hooked and had a great time. All the other participants will be more than willing to help and give great advise from tuning to driving down the track.

We hope to see you there!

Dennis Jensen

Old 03-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

LIKE!

- W72 400 - 4speed
- WS6
- Heritage Brown
- Air Conditioning
Old 03-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It was a really nice turnout a few yrs ago.

Nothing is impossible if you break it down into possibilities. It's all a matter of "Want to".
Old 03-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qikta View Post
It was a really nice turnout a few yrs ago.
that old "blue bucket" of your's still runnin'? lol Be great to see ya again...the track is nothing like you remember...and that's a GOOD thing!!! Take care. Ron

Word to the wise...only laugh at the Studebakers IF your car can dip well into the 12's...just sayin'! I saw a big block Chevelle get spanked by that Flyin' Tomato awhile back...and loved every second of it!

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Ron,

I am a maybe this year. The blue car is nearing retirement from the track. But, I may have a successor waiting in the wings.

Nothing is impossible if you break it down into possibilities. It's all a matter of "Want to".
Old 04-17-2013, 07:53 PM

Default Pure Stocks at the Co-Vention Drags

Hey Dennis, count me in. I'll be bringing my RA II Firebird 4-speed.
Hope to see a nice turn-out. Is there a list of the cars entered yet?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RAM AIR II (2).jpg
Views:	125
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	320172  

Old 04-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jim,

I'm glad you are coming to the race. No official list other than those that posted on the other sections. I believe The Glasgo's, Dan Jensen, Chris Smetana, The Weymouth's, Jody, Bruno (maybe Adrian, Paul Aragona., Rich Johns, Mario), Rick Mahoney, Ron Hammer, the Mesman's, Brad Rising, Don Harber, Bruce Hayes, Ken Riebel, etc. from the Pontiac world. I haven't heard about any from the other makes, but hope a few come.

Dennis

Old 04-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm shooting for it - should have the spring Musclepalooza & PY's Maple Grove under my belt by then.

Will be my first Pure Stock race.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 04-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Boss,

I didn't mean to leave you out and I look forward to meeting you and seeing the GT-37 turn some amazing numbers.

Dennis