Old 09-05-2019, 10:57 AM
Senior Chief

Default Title question

Purchased a one owner 65 GTO. The title is in original owner name and is an A title. Because the title shows no miles, South Carolina wants to register it to me as miles exempt. . Does anyone have an A one owner title that shows no miles.? If so, I would like a copy to show the DMV that this is the way titles were issued back in the day . My car gas 80000 actual miles and would like my title to show this. It also affects value in my opinion. Any help appreciated.

Old 09-05-2019, 12:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Original title from Michigan:

I don't see a spot where miles are noted (unless on the back side).

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 09-05-2019, 09:54 PM
Senior Chief

Default xxxxxx

Keith, Thanks so much. My car is a Michigan car also. Titles look identical with no miles showing. Thanks so much.

dave

Old 09-05-2019, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

David as a former police officer I can tell you that because of the age you will never get anything but a miles exempt title in SC. I bought an Apple truck from an orchard in SC that had never been of the farm and had 5900 miles on it. Still issued a mileage exempt title. Your taxes on the car should be about 12 dollars or so a year. That’s all mileage exempt means. That it’s exempt from mileage for taxation purposes not that it exceeds mechanical limits.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:15 AM
Senior Chief

Default xxxxx

I had this same problem on a car about 3 years ago. I had several conversations with the Columbia office and after researching the cars history, deemed the mileage correct and a new title was issued showing the mileage as such. Not having any luck this time but thanks so much for your imput. There was an Abbeville 65 GTO that went to Westminister years ago that belonged to a friend of mine. Was an original red with white guts. Just wondering if you knew of the car. Thanks, Dave

Old 09-06-2019, 06:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No I don’t but I bought the gold with a black vinyl roof one from you years ago

Old 09-06-2019, 09:16 PM
Senior Chief

Default xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yep, I remember.